Hard Wiring a Dash Cam

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone ! I have a question about how I should hard wire my new dash cam into my car since it has an optional parking mode. On the instructions it says to wrap the wire around one of the fuse legs and jam it back into the fuse slot, but to me that just sounds really mickey mouse and not professional looking. I then went into looking to use one of those add-a-circuit things and thought maybe those would be a better idea as there would be a fuse protecting each circuit. I was thinking of going with this one (i think that's the fuse we have on the interior fuse box) but i have no experience in which brand would be good or what not.

TLDR; need to hard wire a dash cam wondering if you guys know which is the best way or know a good brand to go for using a add-a-circuit method.

thank you !

That one you linked above would be perfect. Low profile mini fuses are what you have, so that is correct. I wouldn’t worry about “brand”. It’d basucally a fuse and a piece of wire. I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the add a circuit things.

Hey @stevenlyyy , I just got a dash cam my self and it also has the parking option. What fuse did you connect it to? I was thinking the wipers, or headlights fuse

Back