Have a Motorcycle? Get in here!

I want to get a 2008 CBR 600RR for my first bike, but the insurance would kill me.:(:bleh:

I had a Honda Shadow 600cc when I was 20 years old and insurance was only $400 a year.

Was it full covearge? I got quotes from different companies last week and they all were pretty much the same. $150/month for CBR600 and $75/month for SV650:bleh:

I want to get a 2008 CBR 600RR for my first bike, but the insurance would kill me.:(:bleh:

That's one of the reasons I cant get one. I love motorcycles, but don't have the time to go get the license, or the money to purchase a bike and insurance.

Was it full covearge? I got quotes from different companies last week and they all were pretty much the same. $150/month for CBR600 and $75/month for SV650:bleh:

Yep. Year round full coverage. Keep in mind that it wasn't a sport bike though.

That's one of the reasons I cant get one. I love motorcycles, but don't have the time to go get the license, or the money to purchase a bike and insurance.

I got my license a long time ago, but haven't had a bike in many years. I will not let the endorsement lapse though.

I got my license a long time ago, but haven't had a bike in many years. I will not let the endorsement lapse though.
I can see why. Here in DE you have to do a full on course that takes up an entire weekend. Its only 50 bucks which is extra affordable but I work retail and trying to get a whole weekend off is like pulling teeth.

Then there is the whole deal of coming up with the 4-8k for a bike, Honda of course...

I can see why. Here in DE you have to do a full on course that takes up an entire weekend. Its only 50 bucks which is extra affordable but I work retail and trying to get a whole weekend off is like pulling teeth.

Then there is the whole deal of coming up with the 4-8k for a bike, Honda of course...
Both my previous bikes were Honda's.

Often if you take the course, it expedites the process for getting your license and you get a deduction on your insurance for having taken it.

For me, the course was $250 but I was able to immediately get my license afterward without having to take the road test. And State Farm did end up giving me a discount for it.

I think my first bike is going to be Suzuki SV650...

Often if you take the course, it expedites the process for getting your license and you get a deduction on your insurance for having taken it.

For me, the course was $250 but I was able to immediately get my license afterward without having to take the road test. And State Farm did end up giving me a discount for it.

That's how it works. Take the course and you walk out with your license. It also nets you a 10-15% discount on your insurance. The only other option is to borrow someone elses bike and take the road and written tests on your own.

VroomVroom.gif

Badges, stickers, and reflectors will promptly be removed. Probably put a lowering spring on the rear and swap out the taillight and rear turn signals for an integrated LED strip.

FENDER-KIT-149-2.jpg

Bought a lowering spring and some covers to remove and block off some emissions control garbage.

Back