have you guys ever felt like modding your brand new car is a bad idea

status3000

MIAMI
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
SEDAN
idk if im the only one but ive had plenty of hondas meaning im about 40 cars in and im only 27 and when i got my 2012 civic si. I quickly had intensions on dropping it with wheels and a bunch of stuff but as the time goes by im double guessing hooking up my car since its still under warranty and i just dont see myself destroying the fenders to make the wheels fit or engine mods that honda would give me **** for becus of the warranty and the main reason for this thread is becus ive been wanting to get a nissan s14 for the longest and never had the chance to get one but now im financially stable enough to have two cars . What do you guys think has this ever happend to u that u rather build another car on the side to not destroy your daily driver.

Shift knobs, rims, simple exterior mods, go nuts. But I feel like over-modding your car is kinda try hard, especially in a civic.

If youre modding things to fix a manufacturers mistake/oversight then that's cool. But changing out oem parts for aftermarket just because 'custom' is silly

yea i had plans on supercharging and some exterior mods but that was about it ive already slammed the car and put a modulo front lip on it and to me it looks perfect i wouldnt want anymore then that and also its my daily that i take my daughter in so i cant afford any down time with the car

I got a flash pro to get rid of rev hang, but then I decided to get a down pipe also since I was already flashing the ecu. Prior to that, I had basic suspension and transmission upgrades. I agree with Pauly. Your car...Do what makes you happy.

Warranty is over rated. plus i hate anyone touching my car. plus its not a VW so i don't need to worry as much. lol.
Exactly, I think most ppl know what they're buying when they get a civic, so warranties are of no concern for the most part, and if anything does go wrong, I would rather be the one to fix it anyways..I have trust issues with other mechanics

Nope.

Reason: All my cars since 2009 have been bought used, in hard currency. (eg. "Cash")
No warranty or lein holder to worry about.

Back