Headlight & Foglight recommendations

fg3_colton

Tampa
Vehicle Model
Civic, LX
Body Style
Coupe
I'm looking for any suggestions on headlight and foglight bulbs. Looking for something that shoots light out further without blinding oncoming drivers, and without a pricey projector retrofit. Currently I have 6K HID's with the standard H11 Halogen fog lights.
ed01fb54fbb903d90d89dbf766ef50e8.jpg
85cde8079aadebf3db60cc29be54ee75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tak
And since you already have the hids then a retro won't be that much more. Most of the cost of doing a retro is the hids.

And since you already have the hids then a retro won't be that much more. Most of the cost of doing a retro is the hids.

Really? These were only $35 lol. There's a local shop that sells HID kits and a bunch of other stuff. They've lasted 3 years now. My problem is, as much as I would love to do a retrofit, im not crafty at all.

A retrofit is not hard it just takes time, there are some great DIY's online that show you step by step, morimoto mini h1 projectors are your best bet but you can also use some generic h1 mini projectors from the retrofitsource which are about half the cost of the brand name ones and they are pretty bright, I have dealt with both in the past and they perform really nice.

A retrofit is not hard it just takes time, there are some great DIY's online that show you step by step, morimoto mini h1 projectors are your best bet but you can also use some generic h1 mini projectors from the retrofitsource which are about half the cost of the brand name ones and they are pretty bright, I have dealt with both in the past and they perform really nice.

Thanks!

He'd still have to buy a new set of hids to run those. Those need h1 hid bulbs.

If you wanna spend a little more, get the minh h1 7.0, their bowl capable of 50-55 watts hids, you can see much further. I have the mini h1 5.0 and i cant use the 55 watts... it'll melt the bowl.

0ed85ae91ad47e28502310ad4f942ac8.jpg

Bought these for my foglights last night, should be here on Saturday, I'll post comparison pictures for y'all. The halogens were just too dim.

Sorry for the late reply, work and school had me rather busy these past few days. Anyway, I have some good news and bad news. Bad news, those LED's I first purchased were utter ****. You could hardly tell they were on, that's mostly my fault because I neglected to get bulbs with a built in projector. Good news. I found a set from JDM Astar that are awesome. Nice and bright and they come very close to matching my headlights in terms of color while also being very bright and do a great job at projecting light far and pretty much everywhere. Highly recommend these for those who like functional and good looking LED foglights.
ff2e6558ba3edd550c7f44333d85fdb6.jpg
aadaf9c028634ab47235210ae21a053a.jpg
d20f16e8d7a50c4587654bcab3857389.jpg

Back