Headlights not adjusting

Discussion in 'Lighting, HID's, And Retrofitting' started by 671 Civic, Mar 27, 2018.

1. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

Hello Everyone. Ive been getting flashed a ton on lately and noticed my drivers side light is a bit higher than my passengers. I attempted to move my adjust my headlights and it does not appear to be doing anything. Its like the adjustment for the backside with the 10mm bolt isn't moving the headlight up or down. Any advice?

2. bauer311
    • Supporting Member

bauer311 Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    civic ex
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Are any of the bolts holding the headlight in place loose or have something under the bolt?

3. fg3_colton

fg3_colton Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    What year/body style is your Civic?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

4. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

2015 civic si sedan

5. fg3_colton

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I believe you have 9006's as your low beams. Make sure they are seated correctly. Usually that's the most common problem

6. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

Double checked all bolts. Going to pull the bumper again tomorrow. I replaced
    I’ll look at that tomorrow. Thank you for your response

7. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

this picture is from another car, but is what you're turning look like a gear with teeth?

[​IMG]

It looks like a gear on the back of the headlight. You put a phillips down into it and spin it. One direction will raise the beam, and turning it the other way will lower. This is a video of a crv, but it shows what I'm referring to as well.

View: https://youtu.be/RasZFPcu9kc

8. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

Yes that’s the bolt I’m adjusting. I’m using the 10mm from the back instead of the Phillips from the top.

webby and fg3_colton like this.
  9. freggie

freggie Well-Known Member

As long as everything is seated correctly and it seems like it is way out of alignment. It takes a lot of turns to adjust the headlight, it moves it very slowly.

10. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

It definitely moves very slow. If you're saying it's too high, it also may not look to be moving if you're effectively trying to raise it up more and it's already maxed up. It'll take a lot of turning of that bolt in the other direction to get it to start going down.

fg3_colton likes this.
  11. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

I am going to verify the seating. I maxed out both directions up and down till it didn’t turn anymore. I’ll report back.

12. fg3_colton

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    This^

13. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

I maxed out both directions till the bolt didn’t move. I’m almost positive it’s not seated correctly

14. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

I maxed out both directions till the bolt didn’t move. I’m almost positive it’s not seated correctly

15. fg3_colton

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    In that case, Id recommend removing the assembly and re-seating the bulbs. It'll involve removing the bumper but it's the best option

16. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

Thank you for the response. I’ll report back this afternoon. Appreciate all the advice

17. fg3_colton

Vehicle Model:
    Civic, LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Just looked up your bulb type, you do in fact have 9006's. Make sure that you push slightly and twist clock wise when installing them. Match the three flaps with their matching holes on the assembly, push in and twist clockwise. If you just twist and not push, the bulb wont seat right.

18. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

All it turned out that the 9006 bulb was seated incorrectly. Once i pulled the headlights of and light pushed and turned clockwise it was good to go! Thanks for all your help!

webby likes this.
  19. 671 Civic

671 Civic New Member

This is EXACTLY what fixed it. Thank you

fg3_colton, ron v and bauer311 like this.