Health/Fitness Routines?

I keep my reps from 10 to 14 and about 5 sets. My strength is coming up and so is my mass (slowly but surely) I would suggest a protein shake to anyone trying to get strength or mass results immediately after your workout it aids the muscle recovery process. So does getting enough calories and SLEEP!

i cant usualy sleep lol i go @ 930 when we get out of work and cant fall asleep till like 2 after a 2 hour workout and a 30 min drive

Sleep is the best way of recovery for your body. I'm usually passé out after a 9 hour day and a good 2 hour gym sesh

I'm getting myself a gym membership this weekend so I get get my lazy *** back in shape in order to be ready for physical agility tests... I'll probably follow this routine:

Monday: Abs, chest, and triceps
Tuesday: Abs, back, and biceps
Wednesday: Cardio (swimming)
Thursday: Abs, shoulders, and forearms
Friday: Abs and Legs
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

Last edited:
ive been slacking lately only once a week. its tough with school started back up.

I'm getting myself a gym membership this weekend so I get get my lazy *** back in shape in order to be ready for physical agility tests... I'll probably follow this routine:

Monday: Abs, chest, and triceps
Tuesday: Abs, back, and biceps
Wednesday: Cardio (swimming)
Thursday: Abs, shoulders, and forearms
Friday: Abs and Legs
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

I would consider swapping Thursday and Friday. A lot of secondary forearm work without much rest. Not to mention, you may want to give your shoulders a rest after the swimming.

Good idea, thanks.

image.png

I cannot over stress the importance of squatting (and deadlifting) if you are at all interested in gaining strength/size.

I cannot over stress the importance of squatting (and deadlifting) if you are at all interested in gaining strength/size.

Squats are on my list of exercises :thumb: I basically want to focus on everything since PT tests cover it all; strength and size for weightlifting and speed and endurance for cardio. Swimming may not be a weekly routine, but Wednesday will be strictly cardio.

I changed up my routine. Every other day, cardio (1.5 mile run) and a full body workout. I'll eventually use the other routine in order to focus on specific muscle groups. But for now, it's just about getting back in shape.

I used to run multiple times a week during Rotc, but since I'm not doing that anymore I'm really enjoying only lifting. I ran cross country during high school, so ive had my fill haha.
My friends and i are about to start insanity this winter so we can still get our strength training in with our cardio instead of only running

I ran the warrior dash last weekend, its a 5k obstacle course with mud pits and fire and stuff and it was pretty awesome. Like a baby tough mudder I guess! Still pretty awesome though! Here's some pics of my roommate and i when we finished
uploadfromtaptalk1381348683871.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1381348704636.jpg

I used to run multiple times a week during Rotc, but since I'm not doing that anymore I'm really enjoying only lifting. I ran cross country during high school, so ive had my fill haha.
My friends and i are about to start insanity this winter so we can still get our strength training in with our cardio instead of only running

I ran the warrior dash last weekend, its a 5k obstacle course with mud pits and fire and stuff and it was pretty awesome. Like a baby tough mudder I guess! Still pretty awesome though! Here's some pics of my roommate and i when we finished
View attachment 28009
View attachment 28010
i wanna do this wicked bad

I actually started using xbox fitness as well just to see what it was all about...its actually really good and the challenges keep you coming back for more. The Mossa ones are hard as hell and I always end up drenched in sweat after they are over...a good way to spend 35-40 mins a day, plus you don't have to leave the house.

I actually enjoy going to my fitness center every other day. It has a great atmosphere, the equipment is new and top-notch, and since I've been going for over 9 months, I'm starting to know some really nice people.

Although it would be more convenient to do my workouts at home, I like the diversion of going to the gym. At $30/month, it's not too bad for everything they offer.

I actually enjoy going to my fitness center every other day. It has a great atmosphere, the equipment is new and top-notch, and since I've been going for over 9 months, I'm starting to know some really nice people.

Although it would be more convenient to do my workouts at home, I like the diversion of going to the gym. At $30/month, it's not too bad for everything they offer.
I wish I had the time to get to a facility to do my workouts etc. They have amazing equipment to use and some of the people and trainers are super nice. One of these days if my schedule ever subsides I will definitely be going back to a structured gym.

Back