Health/Fitness Routines?

I hate snap city!:). I'm all snapped up now:/. Not all workout related but...herniated L-4/5 and L5-S1 discs. Had an epidural steroid injection on Thursday and I'm feeling much better.

Started a nine week PT routine today. Saddened that it's going to be 9 weeks before I can really start lifting again but it's a great time to get back on my cardio and diet!
Sucks but letting your body fully heal is the way to go. I prefer powerlifting regimens over cross fit due to the strictness on form. If your form is strong you won't get hurt. Cross fit is usually all fun and games til you snap your **** up like a glow stick hahaha

I have maybe done five one mile runs this year. Last one was weeks ago. For some odd reason, I had to bright idea to do a 5k last night. Did it in about 33 minutes I think. The goal is to get at least 30 minutes a day of running or biking in from here on out until it snows.

Starting to work on my foot/ankle strength as my foot's all healed up from surgery. Getting that "spring" back into my left step. Calf raises on the stairs, cycling. Upper body work again. 10 days into re-establishing my routine - down a little more than 2 lbs, 10 more to go.

Bike night then head out to meet up with some friends.

I do p90x3 nightly. It's nice because the workouts are only 30 minutes. Very intense though. I try to run 3-4 times per week including 1 long run of 8-12 miles. Bike a couple times also. Swim when I can. First triathlon of the season coming up in 3 weeks.

So to make a long story short...

My wife sends me a message (well multiple messages for like a few minutes straight) while I was at work. I look at it and she's typing in all CAPS and I could tell she was upset. She received an email from our gym (that I have been going to for roughly 10 years/she has been going to for roughly 8 years) that they will be closing on May 20th and re-opening under a different brand/gym.

So it's time to start looking for a new gym. I'd stay with the new company/gym but she is definitely looking elsewhere because the new gym won't have classes (cycling, yoga, ect).

Robert Frank has met his tanning match. Maybe more swole, too.

AlwaysTanner.jpg

Back