Health/Fitness Routines?

I am kind of the fitness go to in my dept. at work, and I have trouble also understanding when folks tell me they cant control their eating due to stress. I have never had stress issues make me eat so I do not understand what they are saying..
it's easier to get deal with stress and relax with physical exercise than with food.
people just aren't motivated

Last edited:
a little background....
right now i'm 6'2" about 220 lbs, which is a little overweight, according to any BMI chart or whatever else, but i'm working to turn it all to muscle.
but just two years ago, I was 5'10" weighing 280 lbs :(
it took a lot of work, but I lost 60 so far, and that was WITH growing another 4 inches
but honestly, it just took initial effort to start a new routine of diet and exercise.
the rest came naturally after that, anyone can do it

a little background....
right now i'm 6'2" about 220 lbs, which is a little overweight, according to any BMI chart or whatever else, but i'm working to turn it all to muscle.
but just two years ago, I was 5'10" weighing 280 lbs :(
it took a lot of work, but I lost 60 so far, and that was WITH growing another 4 inches
but honestly, it just took initial effort to start a new routine of diet and exercise.
the rest came naturally after that, anyone can do it

Agreed. I find it the hardest to motivate myself to workout after a prolonged break from it, for what ever reason. But once I get back at for a week or so and can see the results, I look forward to working out.

But nice progress. I'm sure you feel great in comparison to where you once were.

it feels like I have tons more energy and stamina
and I just feel better about myself in general

My right arm is 15", but my left is 14.5". I am also a lefty...

Reactions: 323
Ah, good work out today. There was a WVU basketball player at the track doing the exact same workout as me. Only difference was the slight speed differential between us :rotfl:

Results are motivating, my OCD drives me to the gym 5-6 days a week lol
Most important thing is to stay injury free, shoulders will take a beating in the gym with all the presses and lifts and such. Diet/Nutrition is most important and second is a gym routine.

SLEEP DEFINITELY!! Stressful job and 5-6 days a week in the gym and getting up at 4am everyday for work and sleep may be my top preference next to diet

Lost about 10lbs in the last 3 weeks, eating basically whatever and drinking beer at least 4 or 5 times a week :rotfl:

30 mins of HIIT 3-4 times a week and some light lifting on off days. Not much at all but it's been super effective.

Last edited:
I'm still working out faithfully 3-4 times a week for 1-1/2 hours each time. Things are going well, and I've even received a couple of (unprompted) compliments from random people noticing I've lost weight and look great. The last one was the receptionist at my dentist, who hasn't seen me since 4 months ago.

This has been my biggest reward so far.

what is your current weight after the 10lbs?

About 10 more lbs to go.

I'm still working out faithfully 3-4 times a week for 1-1/2 hours each time. Things are going well, and I've even received a couple of (unprompted) compliments from random people noticing I've lost weight and look great. The last one was the receptionist at my dentist, who hasn't seen me since 4 months ago.

This has been my biggest reward so far.

:thumb:

I have 15 lbs left to go for my target of 210
i'm getting there...

You gotta lay off the beer and give me some. :D

If I didn't drink I probably would weigh a solid 10 pounds less :rotfl:

That was the biggest difference for me between high school and post high school. The drinking increased quite a bit, and the exercise decreased. Not that I stopped exercising altogether, just no where near the same activity level. In high school I played basketball 7 months of the year and conditioned myself for it another 2.

If I didn't drink I probably would weigh a solid 10 pounds less :rotfl:

That was the biggest difference for me between high school and post high school. The drinking increased quite a bit, and the exercise decreased. Not that I stopped exercising altogether, just no where near the same activity level. In high school I played basketball 7 months of the year and conditioned myself for it another 2.

Same. I was a very fit 150lb 5'7" kid during high school. I was able to grab a basketball rim and hang on it. I can't do it anymore. :(

Same. I was a very fit 150lb 5'7" kid during high school. I was able to grab a basketball rim and hang on it. I can't do it anymore. :(

:giggle: Same.. though I was a tad taller

I always think back and get pissed at myself for never working out my legs/doing anything to increase my vertical. I was SO close to being able to dunk. It would of been so epic for someone of my size and skin color to throw one down in a game.

To put things into perspective, I was 5'10 and had to do the jump ball my senior year. Also had to play a lot of power forward...

Last edited:
Back