Hello all!

z00mer

Champaign/Urbana
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan FB6
Hello all.
Although I'm not new to the tuning world, I am new to the Honda Civic world.
Last month I picked up a near mint crystal black pearl 2013 Civic Si sedan, after my faithful and beloved 2005 Mazda 6 (aka: Raven) fell prey to a combo of black ice and someone's exhaust pipe in the middle of the HYW on November 21, 2015.

My Si will be my 14th ride (and 8th black vehicle... can never seem to get away from that color).
I've had a wide varieties of cars, from old school muscle (70' 302 BOSS, 70' Chevelle SS, and my father's 70' GTO Judge)... to a lot of Mazdas and Toyotas, which my late father got me hooked on with his 79' SA22C RX-7. I used to race professionally for Mazdaspeed in the SPEC series (NA6C, NA8CE Miatas as well as your run of the mill 88' FC S4 RX-7 TT). I've also done my share of autoX with MSP's and regular Proteges' . Although I have worked on a couple of B' series Civics, I've never really owned one until now. I must say that I'm truly amazed on how easy it is to work on this car as compared to my previous, along with the huge aftermarket support.

My future plans for my Si? Suspension is the first given for me... without the proper handling enhancements, any ride will their true potential (I was thinking along the lines of H&R springs and Tru Hart or Koni struts/shocks, Eibach Sways... one question though: with the H&R's, do I need a camber kit, or will the factory one do?). Then everything else as far as enhancements would just happen as I come upon them.

My 2013 Si sedan

My 2005 Mazda 6 (Raven)

Welcome to the forum. You have a pretty awesome history with cars from the sound of it. I don't know that anyone else can say they've professionally raced for mazdaspeed.

If you want to be within oem spec for camber you will need rear camber arms. The car will gain negative camber the lower you go in the rear, and there isn't any adjustment from stock. The front will stay within spec.

Best deal for quality - these arms you can find on amazon. They are spc arms & you'll need 2 of them to adjust the rear.

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1OP00

If you're into the idea of konis, you should talk to redshiftmotorsports.
http://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/category-s/101.htm

They fabricate what's needed to make the konis work on the 9th gens. You pick the springs/components you want & sell it as a package.

example -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/redshift-koni-swift-8thgen-combo.4225/

First learned how to drive as an USAF Brat on the back roads of the U.K. when my father was stationed there, then I got my driver's license in W.Germany at the age of 15. My first ride was a 77' Triumph Spitfire TR7 with a Ford 289 V8 and C4 shoehorned into it. That thing was a blast to drive on the autobahn. As years passed I got involved with a couple of car groups and learned how to drive professionally. And while I was active duty USN with shore duty, I was luck enough to meet the right people while stationed in NS Mayport (Jacksonville), FL. When I officially got out and relocated to Las Vegas, NV., that when the fun really began.

What are the thoughts on Godspeed and Spec-D camber kits?

Welcome! awesome history of cars.

Not sure of the climate you live in but if your going to upgrade your suspension I would look into a decent set of summer tires since you didn't specify what is on the car now.

As far as sway bars go:

The front is absolutely unnecessary on this car and will cancel out what you are trying to do with the rear.

Get the Progress 24mm rear sway.
The Progress was my other choice. Good to have some validation about the front sway... I heard the same from friends of mine on FB.

Welcome! awesome history of cars.

Not sure of the climate you live in but if your going to upgrade your suspension I would look into a decent set of summer tires since you didn't specify what is on the car now.
Thanks you for the welcomes.
I've got some all season Nito Motivo's on some cherry 18X8 Motegi MR119's from my Mazda 6. Come spring, I plan on getting some summer stickiness thrown on them. As far as to what's already on my Si? It's sporting the factory wheels with Pilots (which btw I'm not a fan of).

Thank you on the welcomes!

One question though on the spc camber arms, are they similar to the Dorman offering? I've read a few testimonials stating that the only thing that's Dorman is the box. Can anyone shead some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Also to add to his question, just to clarify, the Amazon ad for $50 is for just 1 arm not a set right?

Welcome! Awesome list of cars you've had. Hope you like the new one. Looks like everyone nailed the suspension stuff already. So, since you're a pretty accomplished driver.... Ever been to Tail of the Dragon? The forum does a large meet there every fall so we can all go drive our cars. There is possibly a small meet up in the spring as well.

Haven't been to the dragon in all over a decade or two, not since I lived in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Back then I was challenging it with my 93 All Trac. One of these days I'll head on down there again.

Back