Hello from Central Coast Cali

AE86RX2

Names Ernie,

New to the forum but not to civics. I have gone thru 88 hatch with a B16 to a 99 EM1 Si with a B16B and now have 13 SI sedan. The 13 is my DD, I have added:

Megan Racing Front Strut Brace
Megan Racing H Brace
SRI MOTO TIE Bar
Progress 24MM Rear Sway Bar
Stock Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport

My toy is a 1973 Mazda RX2 with a 13B and webber carb

welcome to the forum. You should post up some pics of your new and old rides if you'd like.

The FB6 and my 73 Mazda RX 2 with a 13B from 85 RX7 GSLE

Attachments

• 2016-03-05 20.16.21.jpg
    2016-03-05 20.16.21.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
No I don't see to much of the benefit for a DD. Softer Springs help more on the streets and curves roads are usually bumpy.

I have to relearn how to drive the car again. The stock tires would break traction and I would have to feather the gas and compensate to make the apex.
With the pilot super sport and the RSB it feels so much more responsive.

Reminds me of my old E46 BMW I had years ago.

For some people it's the look, they don't like the way the car sits so high. For some when you put stiffer springs on they come shorter then the stock springs so the car sits lower with the higher performing springs.
I went with coilovers because I wanted a better handling car, as well as I, like the look of the car without the wheel gap.
One other thing I don't think people think about with a lower car is the improved aerodynamics. There's a lot less air going under the car and my car seems to slip through the air on the highway a lot better.

Coilovers will come with time. It's my DD and not set up for the track. I have met guys that want to slam it to the ground and have massive negative camber. Then I give them a ride and take them on the twisty's, makes them think about their decision.

Back