Helloo!!! New honda guy!

Sil3ncio

SoCal
Hey guys,
Coming from the so cal area. Im new to the honda scene, i had a nissan 300zx but the motor on that car went out...lol so decided to get something new, so i got a manual lx coupe :D PMM, around august. Liking it so far, gas is so much cheaper...now just waiting for some more parts to come out for this civic, since they're like non existent...lol, first honda i've owned but looks like im going to enjoy it even more, here are some pics of my car as is...
2011-09-24_14-34-54_773.jpg

2011-09-26_15-59-12_895.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png

Sweet. 300Z, one of the all time Nissan/Datsun greats. I know the feeling. I traded my G35 in on a 2011 Evo for my son and I sold my beloved 2007 Si to a friend and former moderator from 8th Gen Civic and got an Evo X for myself. As you say, on to the next one, but there will always be a warm spot in my heart for the cars that I traded/sold. I am sure you feel the same way.

yea Nitrousg35, you got it right on the spot...and webby it only had the basic mods, injen intake, custom made full blown exhaust, and tein springs/tokico shocks...im planning on doing the same to the civic, except i need to do some research on how to get a good intake and exhaust set up for this car, the 300 was easy, v6, but with the civic, im worried ill get that raspy ricey sound you know? since ive never moded a civic before, its gonna be fun lol
:bananasplit:

yea Nitrousg35, you got it right on the spot...and webby it only had the basic mods, injen intake, custom made full blown exhaust, and tein springs/tokico shocks...im planning on doing the same to the civic, except i need to do some research on how to get a good intake and exhaust set up for this car, the 300 was easy, v6, but with the civic, im worried ill get that raspy ricey sound you know? since ive never moded a civic before, its gonna be fun lol
:bananasplit:

I highly recommend a Full Race 3" exhaust for your Si. I had one on my Si and absolutely loved it. Made 18hp over my 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Plus, it is not too quiet nor is it too loud. Sound was about as perfect as it can get. As for intakes, not much out there yet. If you look in your engine bay, you will see that the battery will preclude a CAI like those used on the previous Si. The stock airbock is actually quite large and the intake tube to the TB is much bigger than the FG2/FA5. I would start with an exhaust and wait for the aftermarket to come out with more stuff. You basically will have issues with mods making much power until Hondata or the like comes out with a dedicated tuning device. If you want big power, then go with a Full Race turbo kit.

Welcome! Congratulations on the new car. Looks great! Love it in that color.

Love the 300zx also! I've taken quite a liking to them recently :D

...but with the civic, im worried ill get that raspy ricey sound you know?

The mad bumble bees in a tin can sort of sound? :giggle:

I highly recommend a Full Race 3" exhaust for your Si. I had one on my Si and absolutely loved it. Made 18hp over my 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Plus, it is not too quiet nor is it too loud. Sound was about as perfect as it can get. As for intakes, not much out there yet. If you look in your engine bay, you will see that the battery will preclude a CAI like those used on the previous Si. The stock airbock is actually quite large and the intake tube to the TB is much bigger than the FG2/FA5. I would start with an exhaust and wait for the aftermarket to come out with more stuff. You basically will have issues with mods making much power until Hondata or the like comes out with a dedicated tuning device. If you want big power, then go with a Full Race turbo kit.

thx for the advice man...sry to say though i only have an lx so i wont be getting too much power out of it as an si would :(

Duh, I wasn't paying attention. Not sure about exhausts and intakes for the LX. In time, the aftermarket will come out with stuff, but it is slim pickings at the moment.

man I know the feeling I let my 300ZX go a few yrs back I have regretted the decision so badly :( its a car that still holds so much value, and is so rare :/

Back