Help! Grinding Noise while driving

Hitokiri Battousai

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
What up 9thCivic,

So for the past week or so, I've been noticing a grinding sound while driving. It appears that the sound is coming from the passenger side wheel. I took off the wheel to find anything that may attribute to the sound but could not find anything. Checked the breaks: no debris or unusual defects around break system, breaks still have lots of lift, rotors looks fine.

The sound appears to be very loud when driving normal highway speeds, and even when driving really slow in reverse. This intermittent sound also happens if I drive over a bump. It's so hard to tell if its associated to a possible worn out wheel bearing, something lose that is hitting the axle or brake rotor.

I have extended warranty and I guess best bet is to have Honda just check it out. I have about 53,XXX miles on my 2013 Si Sedan.

Anyone experience anything similar? I'll try to get a video up.

Thanks!

Grab the top of the tire and wiggle it in and out. See if there's any noticeable play. I doubt it's a bearing though.

Does it make the noise continuously or intermittently when just driving on a flat, smooth surface?

Back