Help need Installing system into LX

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
@xXCiviXx @ADExternal
First off, you need to know that I have absolutely no experience when it comes to stereo systems.

I am not looking for thumping sound, just a better quality sound than the stock system. I want to be able to control the sub woofer volume, so I was thinking that if the sub woofer was controlled by one of the two amps that I have then I could hook up a separate volume button to turn it up or down at my discretion.

Here are the amps I have.

image.jpg image.jpg

The sub is also Alpine. I think a Type S. Need to confirm.

Last edited:
I would recommend using your mrp-f300 to amplify your speakers through hi level connection and then sell the other amp and buy a mono amp for your sub. Not all amps have level controls that allow you to control volume but I do know the JL JX amps have an RBC to control bass

Type s would have a blue "s". Type r would be red "r" and type e would be grey "e". Do you know how big the sub is? 8", 10" 12" or bigger?

Last edited:
The sub looks like it will be around 350RMS with a peak of close to 1000W. 120W will be too little to power it. A 500W amp would be your best bet. It's always better to have more power than less. You can turn the bass down but you cant turn it up past what your amp puts out

As far as install goes I can guide you through it. It should be fairly easy. For a two amp system you will need an in line fuse less than 18" from the battery and a distribution block to split the power after that first fuse to the two amps. If you are interested, I have a JL Audio fused distribution block and a JL Audio 500W amp I am going to sell once I get a new 80A fuse that can handle my 5 channel amp.
The fifth section/picture shows you how to connect a two amp system. http://www.bcae1.com/fuses.htm

The sub looks like it will be around 350RMS with a peak of close to 1000W. 120W will be too little to power it. A 500W amp would be your best bet. It's always better to have more power than less. You can turn the bass down but you cant turn it up past what your amp puts out
Ya, your numbers are the same I found on the net. You sure I would need a different amp? Like I said, I don't want a thumping sound, just fuller.

Dam. Told you I didn't know much. I got all this stuff off Kijiji. Great prices, but wasn't sure if it would all work together. Just crossed my fingers. :giggle:

I can almost guarantee you will be disappointed with 1/5 the RMS power for the sub. 120W would make it about as loud as the speakers you are powering if not quieter. The benefit of more power is being able to use it if you need it. Plus a mono amp is designed specifically for subs. Also the mrp320 doesn't have the ability to adjust volume unless you create your own switch.

I can almost guarantee you will be disappointed with only 120w to the sub which is 1/5 of its RMS power handling.
The MRP300 is a good amp that will do exactly what you want. The other one won't be as good. That is the only thing you need change in your system. Plus add an amp kit and a distributor block to wire it all up

you can put one of these in line with the pre amp sub signal so you can independently control that
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-LC-1-Remote-Amplifier-Controller/dp/B0002J226O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415061843&sr=8-2&keywords=bass control knob

as far as the power rating, you might get some rumble out of that amp/sub pair, but probably not as much as youre looking for
Thanks! Yay, the volume button exists. Just need to find one with a blue light. ;)
Off to Kijiji to look for a mono amp. Hopefully can sell the mrp 320 one for more than $25 and make a profit. Haha

Would this amp be suitable?

Alpine MRP-M450. Mono subwoofer car amplifier, 220W RMS x 1-4 ohms ou 400W RMS x 1 a 2 ohms.

Good. Hopefully my offer is accepted.
This is the splitter I bought. Is this okay?
If I understand correctly, power cable is hooked to battery then has a fuse close to battery, then gets fed into cabin through fire wall to the trunk where it is split using this thing and goes into each amp. Do I have that right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back