HELP PLZZ!!! Coil over noise

Hmm well I might just have to do this to avoid the rattling or I might just attach a 3m soft pad thing or something that can handle the heat to reduce the sound and the banging. Idk to me that just seems to close.

Have you tried to adjust how the metal hangers are positioned in the rubber hangers/mounts?

Have you tried to adjust how the metal hangers are positioned in the rubber hangers/mounts?
No not yet I just noticed it today cause I heard it tapping then I looked at it. But I need to change the oil so at work when I have it on the lift ima do all of that tomorrow then I will update with the progress!

So I got an update guys!! Put the car on a lift today and checked it all out and the exhaust was actually touching the spring and there was no way of adjusting the exhaust cause it was basically on the way it was made and if I were to bend the hangers then it would rub on something on the other side so what I did was use some extra vacuum hose they had laying around, cut it and wrapped it around the coil that was rubbing the pipe and zip tied it really good on there, it's basically a cheap coil guard thing like @Nix showed me, and now there is no noise at all everything is perfect!!! So if anyone has a full-race setup and goes with the massive D2 springs it's gonna rub I'm sure and that's where all the noise will be coming from even If everything is installed right because trust me it was so loud....well to me at least lol I don't like abnormal noises when it comes to my baby:) thanks for the help everyone I appreciate it!

Glad that you finally found the problem and fixed it.:thumbsup: BTW pic of your car on coils?

Glad that you finally found the problem and fixed it.:thumbsup: BTW pic of your car on coils?
It will be coming soon it's just been cold rainy icy and snowy here it hasn't had its first wash since I put them on and tomorrow will be that day:) I will post them on my build thread and one here probably. And another question since we're talking about pics I usually take them with my iPhone and then add them to the computer but when I try to upload them it says file to big? And now that I have the iPhone 6 plus I'm sure they'll be even larger so I usually adjust them in paint but it's a pita. Do yall have quicker ways of uploading hi res pics?

Yup click on upload image wait few seconds and then click on show full image.

Or you flickr.com and then upload them here.

So it's a combo of the particular exhaust you have and the diameter of the coil spring? Talk about an unlucky combo of millimeters. Glad you got it sorted out though!

So it's a combo of the particular exhaust you have and the diameter of the coil spring? Talk about an unlucky combo of millimeters. Glad you got it sorted out though!
Basically:( they weren't made for each other lol but thanks I appreciate all the help

image.jpg Here's how close the spring was guys I just realized I can upload pics on the the mobile site I feel so retarded :pat:

image.jpg And here's a pics I took of the side yesterday il be taking more today and putting it in my build thread just need the front like 1/2 and inch lower

Man that's tight. Did it actually dent the pipe a little?

View attachment 44363 And here's a pics I took of the side yesterday il be taking more today and putting it in my build thread just need the front like 1/2 and inch lower
How do u like your d2 coils so far??? No mote noise or problems? And hows the ride?? I just got mine today pretty exited i just need to install them now!

@Scornio you can get some tein spring silencers to put on the spring where it rubs to put a little cushion in between

How do u like your d2 coils so far??? No mote noise or problems? And hows the ride?? I just got mine today pretty exited i just need to install them now!
I love them I have them about halfway adjusted and I'm at a 2 inch drop so these can slam your car. No more noises at all. The only reason why it was making noise was because i have the full-race catback setup and that exhaust is big and was close to the stock spring in the first place so of course with the bigger rear spring it touched and rubbed but I have a temp fix. The ride is absolutely amazing I have it on the 10th click stiff setting cause the roads are terrible here and I think it's perfect. Little more stiff than stock but I actually feel like I'm driving a real sports car now. I feel like I can take a 45 deg turn going 50 and still do it without losing control (but I'm not gonna try that lol)I highly recommend them so far.

@Scornio you can get some tein spring silencers to put on the spring where it rubs to put a little cushion in between
I need to get that! The temporary fix I put on the coil is starting to melt and will soon be touching metal to metal again:( I appreciate the input, lots of help.

I love them I have them about halfway adjusted and I'm at a 2 inch drop so these can slam your car. No more noises at all. The only reason why it was making noise was because i have the full-race catback setup and that exhaust is big and was close to the stock spring in the first place so of course with the bigger rear spring it touched and rubbed but I have a temp fix. The ride is absolutely amazing I have it on the 10th click stiff setting cause the roads are terrible here and I think it's perfect. Little more stiff than stock but I actually feel like I'm driving a real sports car now. I feel like I can take a 45 deg turn going 50 and still do it without losing control (but I'm not gonna try that lol)I highly recommend them so far.
Awsome man thanks cant wait to install mine now. Do you have pictures of how it sits now? I would like to see how much to put mine at i was thinking lowering it about 3inches but still usure, And how do the coils come set up if i were put them on straight out the box?

Awsome man thanks cant wait to install mine now. Do you have pictures of how it sits now? I would like to see how much to put mine at i was thinking lowering it about 3inches but still usure, And how do the coils come set up if i were put them on straight out the box?
If i just slapped mine on out of the box my ride height would have been all over the place lol gotta make sure both sides are equal, I used a good ol measuring tape. But here's a pic as my car sits right now just took these yesterday.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back