Help with Choosing Coilover for 2013 Civic EX

nain426

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
Hey coilover users/experts!
I am looking for some helpful feedback/suggestions on getting coilovers for my 2013 Honda Civic EX 4-door. Currently I have stock suspension and looking to drop my car about 2-3 inches...just enough to get rid of the gap between fenders and tires. Please note the whole purpose of this modification is to get a sporty look...I am not looking to take the car to a race track or anything.
Here I am looking for some advice from experienced people who can answer some of my concerns-
  1. After doing some research I am thinking of getting "D2 Racing RS" coilover with rear camber kit for my car. What is your opinion on this setup (based on my need)? Do you have any better suggestion?
  2. Is there any extra-regular maintenance required for the coilover? How expensive is it? Just trying to understand what I am getting myself into.
  3. Does it really effect the gas mileage? what is your personal experience? I mostly drive in the city (south Florida) and I am getting ~25 mpg now.
  4. Since I am not looking to drop too low (2-3 inches), is the ride quality still going to degrade significantly comparing to stock? FYI- this is my daily driven car (work-home-joy ride and everything else!)
  5. For long run- is it worth to modify the factory suspension with coilover- just for the look?
Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs! :)

@procivic is a sponsor here that sells them for $880 currently.
https://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-69_80/product-974/index.html

no extra maintenance
gas mileage - it could improve very slightly by being lower to the ground
3" is significant. 2" should eliminate the entire wheel gap down to the tire. 3" you'd be tucking tire and you'd definitely have some ride change from stock. 2" should not be bad at all, and there are 36 levels of adjustment for ride quality with the d2's.
others have done it for looks. Example below on d2's.

8125091001_5fa6b91078_z.jpg

https://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-69_80/product-974/index.html

no extra maintenance
3" is significant. 2" should eliminate the entire wheel gap down to the tire. 3" you'd be tucking tire and you'd definitely have some ride change from stock. 2" should not be bad at all, and there are 36 levels of adjustment for ride quality with the d2's.

Nailed it!
When I finally get around to getting coilovers, the D2s are the ones I am going with. From the months of research and going back and forth between different brands, these are some of the better ones. They are good for street, very close to stock feel and good on the track as well. I believe @procivic even has these installed on their project 9th gen.

Last edited:

no extra maintenance

Thanks for your prompt reply! This helps a lot :)

Nailed it!
When I finally get around to getting coilovers, the D2s are the ones I am going with. From the months of research and going back and forth between different brands, these are some of the better ones. They are good for street, very close to stock feel and good on the track as well. I believe @procivic even has these installed on their project 9th gen.

Yes, we have them installed on our 2014 Si race Civic. Those D2 coilovers have held up extremely well on the track, and are great for daily driving too. Really can't ask for much more.

Back