Help With Price on Civic LX

isw845

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a good deal for my girlfriend who is looking into buying her first new car, the 2014 Civic LX. Trying to negotiate has been extremely frustrating; over the weekend I had received a pretty good price over the phone and had a voicemail to prove it. When I got there, the lady I spoke to hid upstairs and all the sales managers downstairs called me a liar and refused to honor the price. Long story short, the price was never given to me.

I'm looking at the Edmunds forum and one person posted that they had received a quote for a 2014 Honda Civic LX for $18,488 out the door. From my calculations, this would be around $16807 prior to any fees. So far, I've only been able to get someone to give me $19,500 paid in full, cash.

Does anybody work at a Honda Dealership and is the $18,488 is a legitimate price to try to get?

Thank you for all your help!

The invoice price of the car is 17100 +700 dest. that's 17800. The msrp is 18390 so a good deal would be 17100 but very rarely will you get invoice on a new MY car. They obviously don't seem to want to negotiate much with you. So unless you have multiple Honda dealers in your area you are stuck with what they'll give you.

Also don't look at the out the door price focus on the price of the car. Taxes n registration etc are fixed , those numbers don't change.

Reactions: Nix
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get a good deal for my girlfriend who is looking into buying her first new car, the 2014 Civic LX. Trying to negotiate has been extremely frustrating; over the weekend I had received a pretty good price over the phone and had a voicemail to prove it. When I got there, the lady I spoke to hid upstairs and all the sales managers downstairs called me a liar and refused to honor the price. Long story short, the price was never given to me.

I'm looking at the Edmunds forum and one person posted that they had received a quote for a 2014 Honda Civic LX for $18,488 out the door. From my calculations, this would be around $16807 prior to any fees. So far, I've only been able to get someone to give me $19,500 paid in full, cash.

Does anybody work at a Honda Dealership and is the $18,488 is a legitimate price to try to get?

Thank you for all your help!

maybe i can help you. Pm me

Back