Help

LiL K BoY

Hampton, Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
My 8th gen is burning about 2 quarts of oil and my last oil change was about a month ago I've only ran about a thousand miles and I have no leaks anyone with ideas

How many miles were driven since your last change? What mods do you have on the engine? I'm guessing you have no warranty at this point?

Did you change the oil, or have it done? Was the correct amount of oil put in it at the time of the oil change? How do you "know" it was 2 quarts of oil lost, was it from adding oil till it got back to the correct point on the dip stick? If so wait and see if it loses the oil again(if it's burning that much it's beyond worrying about running the test). Is it smoking while you're running?

Well I know the correct amount was put in because I looked in my owners manual 4.6 quarts And I don't know how much I'm losing. All I know is that I put the correct amount in and now I'm catching an oil light And it doesn't smoke while I run

Last edited:
Well I know the correct amount was put in because I looked in my owners manual 4.6 quarts And I don't know how much I'm losing. All I know is that I put the correct amount in and now I'm catching an oil light And it doesn't smoke while I run
OK, that answers a lot of possibilities....... So now you need to check the oil level with the dip stick, and not rely on the oil light.
Check on level ground 5 min. after engine is shut off.

How many miles on the car and how hard do you run it, conventional or synthetic oil and what filter?

I run 5qts in my 8th gen but I have a slightly higher capacity filter and I run her a bit hard with no issues, but if I run 4.6 qts I will burn off about 2 qts in no time....

Well I have the 2013 si sedan and my roommate has the 2010 si and he was on my account asking questions about his car

Back