Hennessey Builds The Fastest Road Car Capable Of Speeds Over 300mph!

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
8ehoLmg.jpg

Hennessey has built an all new hypercar, the Venom F5, which was built with just one goal in mind. They wanted it to be the fastest road car in the world. The Venom F5 has a top speed in excess of 300 mph (482 km/h)!

Hennessey Special Vehicles team had to come up with a brand new design, chassis and carbon fiber body, so as to have the lowest possible drag.

"We expect the Venom F5, named for the most powerful tornado speed winds on the Fujita scale, to be the first road car capable of achieving more than 300 mph and have worked closely with Pennzoil to get us across the finish line," said company founder and CEO, John Hennessey.

Mated to a 7-speed single clutch paddle shift transmission, the car's new twin turbo V8 unit will send over 1,600 HP to the rear tires, all while dragging along a curb weight of just 2,950 lbs (1,338 kg). This combo of power, low drag and light weight should take the car from 0 to 186 mph (300 km/h) in less than 10 seconds, making the Venom F5 faster than any current Formula 1 car.

Zero to 249 mph (400 km/h) and back to zero can be achieved in under 30 seconds, whereas the top speed is projected to exceed 300 mph (482 km/h). The price for driving the world's fast production road car? Upwards of $1.6 million. Also, the automaker is only planning on building 24 examples, which will make the new Venom that much more valuable in the long run.

"Working hand-in-hand with Hennessey on one of the most stunning road cars we've seen has been an incredible experience," says Shell VP of marketing, Patty Lanning. "We share a passion for performance and know that Pennzoil will protect the F5's engine through development and testing to production."

Overall, the numbers that the Venom F5 is proposing are simply ludicrous. Its 0-400-0 time of less than 30 seconds not only demolishes the Chiron's time of 42 seconds, it also makes this car over 6 seconds faster than the Koenigsegg Agera RS.

lgEcCKS.jpg

9ngGQZ4.jpg

tV2l5ej.jpg

That's insane looking....not sure about the rear.

• Staff
Has to be a major challenge to keep the thing from taking flight at those speeds

I understand wanting to go fast but where would anybody be able to actually go that fast. I don't even think that would be possible on the Autobahn. Even on a race track, would anybody that can actually afford that car even race it? Would the tracks even allow it due to insurance restrictions? Honest questions.

I understand wanting to go fast but where would anybody be able to actually go that fast. I don't even think that would be possible on the Autobahn. Even on a race track, would anybody that can actually afford that car even race it? Would the tracks even allow it due to insurance restrictions? Honest questions.

All those ponies with no range.

I cannot think of one place where I would feel comfortable going 300 mph at. Besides some local air strips.

Like most people say, it sucks driving a fast car slow. Some people also just buy cars for the status.

The have those "wanna go fast" and mile or 1/2 mile events. Basically "rent" out an airstrip and go balls out....

Is this an all original car or is it based on a current production car? Kinda like the one based on the lotus? It's insane looking, that's for sure.

All new car. From their site:

The Venom F5 is an all-new hypercar designed and built from the ground up with one goal in mind: To be the absolute fastest road car on earth. Hennessey and team have developed a completely new design, chassis and carbon fiber body focused on aerodynamics to achieve the lowest possible drag. The new F5 design features active aero that will yield a coefficient of drag of just 0.33.

“We’ve designed F5 to be timeless so that in 25 years it will still have a level of performance and design that will be unmatched,” said John Hennessey, company Founder and CEO. “The F5 is an all new car, designed and built from the ground up, from the engine to the chassis. We expect the Venom F5, named for the most powerful tornado speed winds on the Fujita scale, to be the first road car capable of achieving more than 300 mph and have worked closely with Pennzoil to get us across the finish line.”

I guess if u have the money to buy one of these. You have the money to rent an airstrip out. Might as well race an airplane or two while ur at it.

Hennessy doesn't exactly have the best reputation. Stories abound of customers getting shafted out of thousands, shoddy labor, inferior parts, etc. You'd get a better return just by burning your money-at least you'd be warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hennessy doesn't exactly have the best reputation. Stories abound of customers getting shafted out of thousands, shoddy labor, inferior parts, etc. You'd get a better return just by burning your money-at least you'd be warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is a true statement. There are some real horror stories out there. Nix had posted this article before - worth a read

https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-say-hennessey-is-a-bigger-mess-than-you-ev-1778134112

I had read that somewhere before. How is he making all this money if they keep having these problems? You'd think he would have to pay it back to the customer...Guess some people can scam and get away with it...

well it says they worked with pennzoil to create the vehicle, so I wonder how much money they put towards the project.

New details are emerging from Geneva about Hennessey's ambitions to claim the record for world's fastest car, including the V8 powertrain that will drive the upcoming Hennessey Venom F5 toward its promised 301 mph top speed benchmark.

Founder and CEO John Hennessey told "Top Gear" the hypercar will have "a completely bespoke, 8.0-liter twin-turbo V8" that will hit no less than 1,600 bhp, which equates to around 1,622 horsepower. But he said he's contemplating slapping on a couple more turbos and expects to decide before the Pebble Beach Concours in August.

Hennessy first revealed the supercar at the SEMA show last November. There, John Hennessey told Autoblog that he wasn't necessarily aiming to set a record at the Nürburgring, just to do a lap in under seven minutes, a feat notched by cars like the Lamborghini Huracán Performante and the Porsche 918 Spyder. He also talked about how the car's design was meant to look like a peregrine falcon. But at the time, the V8 engine specs were still being kept under wraps.

Hennessy unofficially had the title of world's fastest car in 2014 after the 1,451-hp Venom GT hit 270.49 mph. That's of course since been eclipsed by rival Koenigsegg, which raced an Agera RS helmed by Swedish race driver Niklas Lilja to an official top speed of 277.87 mph on a closed highway in Nevada in November. When it comes time, Hennessey told "Top Gear" he may make the attempt in Texas, or return to the same road in Nevada traveled by the Agera RS.

But he insists the Venom F5 will be more than just a straight-line track monster. "Could we build a high-downforce version with the massive splitter and massive wing and lots of downforce? Maybe we'll do that later," he said. "For now, [the F5 is] a proper road car that can be driven at crazy speeds in a straight line but still go around turns and stop."

The company plans to make just 24 examples of the Venom F5 and sell them at $1.6 million apiece.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da_qhyWpMjk

Back