Hi from Newfoundland

haha the SI will NOT be making an appearance...I went out to the show they had last week and somebody had entered a Cobalt SS...haha.....anyway they had some nice car out there however no real head turners...we left the show and went to the Holiday Inn and there was were we seen some beautiful cars....Enzo, Maserati, Saleen S7, Lamborghini Gallardo...All owned by the same guy...Zahir Rana was his name

Zahir Rana, owner and operator of ZR Auto, was born in Kisumu, Kenya in 1955. His passion for fine cars has been with him from an early age, and he moved to London, England at sixteen to finish his schooling and to enter into the field of automotive technology. He graduated from Waltham Forest College in 1977 as a certified automotive technician.

After graduation, Zahir immigrated to Canada, where he started his career in a service station in Vancouver. Advancing quickly from gas station attendant to head mechanic, it was not long before Zahir found that his entrepreneurial skills were leading him in another direction. In 1982 he moved to Calgary to join his family in the retail clothing business, where he spent the next two decades building small businesses from the ground up and acquiring a respectable “stable” of fine exotic cars in his spare time.

From the “Magnum PI” Ferrari 308 and the Lamborghini Countach of the early 1980’s to today’s supercars such as the Ferrari F-40 and the Enzo, Zahir has had the unique experience of personally owning and driving them all. He is able to provide exceptional service to his clientele by sharing his own experiences and drawing on his automotive background. His passion for the exceptional is presently manifesting itself in transforming factory exotics from “Factory to Fantastic”.

Welcome to the 9th Si family! Loving the coupes..wish I bought a coupe only if Insurance wasn't sucha hassle! Hope you're enjoying it!

Welcome to the 9th Si family! Loving the coupes..wish I bought a coupe only if Insurance wasn't sucha hassle! Hope you're enjoying it!
did you get an insurance quote to see how much of a price change it would have been to have the coupe? I'm curious

did you get an insurance quote to see how much of a price change it would have been to have the coupe? I'm curious
I had a quote with RBC Insurance under my name only on my sedan it was $1890 a month...I was like wtf...then tried the coupe for fun and it was even higher like $2000+ a month so I was like forget this man, put it under my dad's name so he's on two cars. His 2003 Camry Le and my 2012 Civic Si he's only paying $427 a month, and that's not so bad though. Although it makes such a big difference though.

is that a normal rate for ontario? $5k dollars a year for 1 car seems like highway robbery :stickpokesmiley:

I know people that pay around a hundred and something a month for full coverage on a clean driving record (in the US)

is that a normal rate for ontario? $5k dollars a year for 1 car seems like highway robbery :stickpokesmiley:

I know people that pay around a hundred and something a month for full coverage on a clean driving record (in the US)
Well that's for us youngin's under 25 with out a full license!

the prices I wrote were for people under 25yrs old. (without full license? = what's that mean)

the prices I wrote were for people under 25yrs old. (without full license? = what's that mean)
In Ontario there's 3 levels driver's licensing G1 = is learner you can't drive by yourself you need a family member/friend with a full G license to drive with. G2 = Drive by yourself but not certain times, G = full license drive what ever/where ever/when ever you want. Just broke it down to make it simple lol. I have my G2 license at the moment, I still need to get my full G license soon.

I pay $290 a month for full coverage on my new SI...the price went up about $5 a month when I upgraded from my 06...It was suppose to go down a bit next year because I will have 5 years experience however when I called and asked they said "Actually we have had a rate change and it looks like it will stay the same or go up"

My insurance payment is almost double my car payment :P

I'm 20...will be turning 21 in november...that's the cheapest I can get it for where I live...someone I work with, he's 18, wrote off a brand new lancer there about a year ago... he was looking to buy his own car this past summer and the cheapest place he could get insurance (just public liability) was about $5000 a year.... one place quoted him $10,000 a year!!!

I'm 20...will be turning 21 in november...that's the cheapest I can get it for where I live...someone I work with, he's 18, wrote off a brand new lancer there about a year ago... he was looking to buy his own car this past summer and the cheapest place he could get insurance (just public liability) was about $5000 a year.... one place quoted him $10,000 a year!!!

Holy, but may I ask what City/Country do you live in?

Back