Hi from Newfoundland

Yea...here your insurance starts off high too (not as high as yours) and you are suppose to get a break when you get 5 years driving experience (providing you've made no claims) and then get a big reduction when you turn 25 (providing you still have no claims)...however it seems like the insurance companies can charge what they like....i've heard of companies here that will give you a quote for a lot higher than what actually is just because they don't want to take the risk. I dunno if that happens with cars but I know it happens with motorcycles.

Yea same here..RBC Insurance here quoted me $1890 a month for my Civic Si under my name...that's wayyy off the limit for me lol other companies were like $400-$700, it all depends on my driving record but by far right now mine is clean.

I am 23 Years old and drive a '12 Si Sedan and I am feeling extremely lucky to pay $99.00 a month for full coverage right now. I could not even imagine paying 5,000$ a year in insurance!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't feel like making a new one just for this

I got my windows tinted yesterday and thought I'd share.

40% front driver and passenger, 15% rear port holes and rear windshield

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Prob tint laws on front windows. Talk to Cali owners

Yea it's cause of tint laws...you're not allowed to have anything on the front windows here so I didn't want to go too dark...and attract too much attention as the cops are cracking down a bit more

Well 35% is legal here and I went with that but regret it.. wish I went with 20% :-(
California -
Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:
  1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
  2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides
The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

at least you can get window tint on your fronts.

Back