Hi from Newfoundland

I'm looking at making a trip out to NL/Labrador this summer. Any places you'd recommend visiting? I'll be riding a motorized bicycle the whole way through Labrador, then heading down to St John's via Gros Morne.

I've never been to Labrador but I hear there is lots of nice places up there....as for on the island...def should go to Gros Morne National Park, I hear up around St. Anthony on the Northern Pennisula is nice too....here in St. John's there are lots of tourist activites here..Cape Spear, Signal Hill, the signal hill tattoo is pretty popular...its a re-enactment of the 18th century Royal Newfoundland Regiment..Downtown is always a nice place to be in the summer...George Street (A two block long street that has nothing but bars, pubs and restaurants)

I've never been to Labrador but I hear there is lots of nice places up there....as for on the island...def should go to Gros Morne National Park, I hear up around St. Anthony on the Northern Pennisula is nice too....here in St. John's there are lots of tourist activites here..Cape Spear, Signal Hill, the signal hill tattoo is pretty popular...its a re-enactment of the 18th century Royal Newfoundland Regiment..Downtown is always a nice place to be in the summer...George Street (A two block long street that has nothing but bars, pubs and restaurants)

excellent.. we're planning on doing the trip the last couple of weeks in August. Looking forward to it - thanks for the suggestions.

No problem!! If I think of anything else that might be of interest I'll post it here or PM you...the weather will hopefully be pretty good by that time of the year...last summer it never started to get nice until mid July and August....Last June there were only 3 days where we never had precipitation of some kind (rain, drizzle, or fog)

I'm 22 clean driving record paying 137 a month for full coverage. if my insurance was as high as the numbers u guys were posting. I Belive I would have to strap some hot wheels to my feet and call it a day!

^ must be nice.

Started paying $315/month for my '07 WRX (21 years old at the time) . I'm down to $165/month now. (almost 27 now)

0 speed tickets. Accident back in 2006 (thought it dropped off after certain # of years??). State Farm (been with them since 2007)

You wouldn't believe the quotes I got back in 2007 when I was looking at cars..

I checked them. They are a bit cheaper but not worth the time/$$ to switch. Think it was like $100/year or so to switch. Meh not worth my time.

Yeah true.. but oh well I'm not doing it so new topic. It will hopefully going down next month when I get married and my fiance and I get on the same policy.

What I don't understand with insurance is that every com pay has a different quote....back in February when my insurance was up for renewal I called a bunch of different companies and got a different price from all of them. It's not like it was just a few dollars I'm talking like a difference of upwards of $1500 a year.

I've been driving since I was 16 (now 21) and each year the company i was with would say when I renewed that it would go down next year and every year it either stayed the same or went up so finally I called around and ended up switching to another company because it was considerably cheaper for better coverage. The same company that quoted me the highest price by far the year before.

Insurance is a joke! People might never use it in their whole time driving... Hell I think my dad has only had to report one or two claims in over 35 years or driving!

Once you submit a claim usually it goes up :-/

Back