Hi from Newfoundland

Insurance is a joke! People might never use it in their whole time driving... Hell I think my dad has only had to report one or two claims in over 35 years or driving!

Once you submit a claim usually it goes up :-/

Exactly...all they do is "loan" you money to fix yours and the other persons car and then when your insurance comes around to be renewed you're considered a "risk" so your insurance goes through the roof and you end up paying all of it back plus a lot more

The only time it would be extremely helpful would be if you ever got sued for a lot of money and then it wouldn't matter because if that happened you would never be able to afford to drive again.

I remember a little while back the government here removed the taxes on insurance and all the companies kicked up a big fuss saying that they would never be able to stay in business and that "it was hard enough as it is"....what bull because now there's just as many companies or more. They can charge what they want and they know it because its illegal to drive without it so they know that people will buy it...same as gas (no matter how high the price of gas is people will still drive and buy it)

^ that. Although it can help with medical expenses. I know of two instances first hand where hospital expenses (due to a crash) were sky high. They had like $100k coverage for injury on the plan.

Back