Hidden Menu!! (pictures)

All I need now is a connection diagram for the CRV and I can make a tutorial for the Civic.

not sure if this is allowed or not, but this is a wiring diagram for the back of the i-MID from the other forum where a few guys already have the cameras working with their cars:

garoofix

The forum seems to not want to allow me to upload anything of any usable filesize. But anyway, I've been using information from the forum matched with what I've found in the iMid harness run list for the CRV. I figure if Honda is frugal enough to ditch our backup camera to save money, they'll probably make things semi-modular to keep costs down, too. I'm not an auto-junkie (particularly with the electrical side). I'm a mechanical guy with experience with ion implanters...so any help here is appreciated. If we could get what signals are necessary to get the imid to kick on the camera mode...we'd absolutely be all set here. SO CLOSE.

Edit: Also note that the camera-relevant wire run is under the non-navigation section (scroll down a little).

Attachments

• CRVCamera.pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 136
and this:

kwd9962
I got my harness from autotoys and upon checking terminal pinout I had some re-arrangement with butt terminals and cutting some of the gray wires that I needed but I was able to make it work and it DOES connect to our I-mid and vehicle harness. Using simple 20 guage colored wire and tin foil for a shield I constructed my own harness, I suggest finding some kind of shielded wire (printer or monitor cable) as making a harness is a pia. Rather than try to find the reverse wire in the front of the car where wiring is a real rats nest, I opted to find it in the rear taillight harness where it is much simpler(brown with a silver dot, theres two of em so you gotta check). I got it all hooked up and turned the key on and first thing I did was went into the I-mid service diag screen and selected "camera" and sure as sh*t it displayed the camera image, backed out of the diag screen and threw it into reverse and it displayed the camera image. The one thing that would not work was the different camera views, I pressed the select button on the radio head and nothing changed. So it's one of three situations A: I somehow screwed up my wiring and it won"t change views due to that B: I have a faulty camera that won't change views C: The civic's electronics won't control a multi-view camera. Until someone else hooks up a camera to their civic and has the same scenario, I'm only guessing but I'm betting that the civic doesnt support the multi views.
I was unable to mount the camera in the trunk lid yet. upon first look the camera appears to use the same retention style as our license plate lamp, but it is a different size and won't simply snap in without modification. I might take the license plate lamp apart and try to mount the camera to its base.

back-up cameras are suppose to be standard on all 2013 Hondas now

No one here owns a 2013 Civic though. I'm not looking to trade my car in anytime soon. I was reading on another forum how they are getting the backup camera to work on the i-MiD unit. I have the i-MiD connection diagram now with the location of the camera plug. There just needs to be a way to activate the Camera screen when the vehicle is put into reverse. The only way I can think of is when the Reverse light on the dash comes on, run that cable to the power of the camera (when powered overtakes the screen) and hook a camera line up from a backup camera. I'm going to try to get this done as soon as possible.

No one here owns a 2013 Civic though. I'm not looking to trade my car in anytime soon. I was reading on another forum how they are getting the backup camera to work on the i-MiD unit. I have the i-MiD connection diagram now with the location of the camera plug. There just needs to be a way to activate the Camera screen when the vehicle is put into reverse. The only way I can think of is when the Reverse light on the dash comes on, run that cable to the power of the camera (when powered overtakes the screen) and hook a camera line up from a backup camera. I'm going to try to get this done as soon as possible.
Do a proper DIY and you're likely to win the next DIY contest. i think last one was a $200 prize.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

This is the i-MiD taken out of the dashboard. Somewhere in those extra slots on the plug that don't have wires going into them is where the camera wires go

1. ground wire
2. wire from "R" light on dashboard to the camera activator
3. one from your camera to the plug

Just have to get a diagram from a CRV since it's the only one with a backup camera.:thumbsup:

View attachment 3411View attachment 3412View attachment 3413View attachment 3414

This is the i-MiD taken out of the dashboard. Somewhere in those extra slots on the plug that don't have wires going into them is where the camera wires go

1. ground wire
2. wire from "R" light on dashboard to the camera activator
3. one from your camera to the plug

Just have to get a diagram from a CRV since it's the only one with a backup camera.:thumbsup:

i already posted one in this thread. open the PDF and it has what you need.

not sure if this is allowed or not, but this is a wiring diagram for the back of the i-MID from the other forum where a few guys already have the cameras working with their cars:

garoofix

The forum seems to not want to allow me to upload anything of any usable filesize. But anyway, I've been using information from the forum matched with what I've found in the iMid harness run list for the CRV. I figure if Honda is frugal enough to ditch our backup camera to save money, they'll probably make things semi-modular to keep costs down, too. I'm not an auto-junkie (particularly with the electrical side). I'm a mechanical guy with experience with ion implanters...so any help here is appreciated. If we could get what signals are necessary to get the imid to kick on the camera mode...we'd absolutely be all set here. SO CLOSE.

Edit: Also note that the camera-relevant wire run is under the non-navigation section (scroll down a little).

Back