EX
Body Style
FG3
Got somethin in the mail today...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400105051327.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400105051327.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 52
Took me longer than I care to admit to realize that it wasn't a garden hose.

Future pics are a must!

Took me longer than I care to admit to realize that it wasn't a garden hose.

Future pics are a must!
haha that's exactly why I posted it like I did, someone has to keep you guys on your toes around here:bananapoke: With work and my prego gf having a toothache right now, I'll have to wait until Saturday for the install/pic parade, sorry guys lol

haha that's exactly why I posted it like I did, someone has to keep you guys on your toes around here:bananapoke: With work and my prego gf having a toothache right now, I'll have to wait until Saturday for the install/pic parade, sorry guys lol

An old credit card makes a good install tool..........

An old credit card makes a good install tool..........
I was going to do that, but being that the local Honda stealership is only 5 miles away I decided to call them and they're gonna sell me a tool for cheap, I don't have very many cards I can chance on breaking either lol

wait...I can use a trim tool for this right? or would it not be thin enough?

I missed the humor because I knew immediately what it was........... "Seen it before, done that, have the T-shirt".......:D

I was going to do that, but being that the local Honda stealership is only 5 miles away I decided to call them and they're gonna sell me a tool for cheap, I don't have very many cards I can chance on breaking either lol

If it's the tool I'm thinking of(looks like a small tyre spoon made of plastic), it's to thick for wedging between the panels...... And as I did use an old CC, it actually didn't hurt it anyway. You'll find the cc is about the only thing that works without leaving marks. Just find a easy area to put the cc in and slide and/or roll as needed, the cards are slightly thicker than then piping....... Have fun........
Although the panel tool is worth having for other uses.

Last edited:
wait..did u accidentally make a blank post with my quote in it lol or did it just mess up

wait...I can use a trim tool for this right? or would it not be thin enough?

When I got my trim tool, I 1st went to my dealer(parts), they didn't even know what a trim tool was. I then ordered it on-line.
Not only is the trim tool to thick for doing this job, but it needs to at least be thinner than what it is in general for other jobs, so having two, one thin to get things started and then finish with the thicker one, but they don't have a thin one.

haha nice, Yeah I wanted to get the tool anyways for later projects involving panel removal(no spoilers yet), but now that you say that I might just use a card anyways. Thanks for lookin out Monk!

When I got my trim tool, I 1st went to my dealer(parts), they didn't even know what a trim tool was. I then ordered it on-line.
Not only is the trim tool to thick for doing this job, but it needs to at least be thinner than what it is in general for other jobs, so having two, one thin to get things started and then finish with the thicker one, but they don't have a thin one.
that's no bueno man, was it off ebay? I seen a kit on there last week...wasn't sure if it was legit or not

ahhhh, I thought I've seen that same tool in another thread somewhere..used by another member here..Pauly maybe??

Monk is a pretty beast dude. He's like an old race car driver or something. The cars he has driven and the knowledge he has is incredible. I always like his insight on things. His perspective is totally different from mine and in a good way.

Monk is a pretty beast dude. He's like an old race car driver or something. The cars he has driven and the knowledge he has is incredible. I always like his insight on things. His perspective is totally different from mine and in a good way.
Yeah Monk is def an A+ guy, I used to race autoX for the South Bend SCCA at the TireRack HQ, so it's nice to have not only a fellow racer here but one who happens to have the same car as I do lol

Back