Hmm...what's this??

Yeah Monk is def an A+ guy, I used to race autoX for the South Bend SCCA at the TireRack HQ, so it's nice to have not only a fellow racer here but one who happens to have the same car as I do lol

Why did you leave The Bend?

The economy in the tri~state area had me to my breaking point. The job situation forced me to move here, among other things. I came to a point in my life where I had to make a drastic change in order to achieve my goals, so I ended up here, and things have been way better than I could ever expect.

Reactions: Nix
The economy in the tri~state area had me to my breaking point. The job situation forced me to move here, among other things. I came to a point in my life where I had to make a drastic change in order to achieve my goals, so I ended up here, and things have been way better than I could ever expect.

What line of work are you in?

I'm a CNC machinist, I usually run a CNC Lathe, but I also run a few different manual Lathes as well, wanna get on one of our nice CNC Mills though

Wow. And you had a hard time finding work in Elkhart? That is quite surprising. Either way, no more :unicorn: Northern Indiana weather is a huge bonus.

Wow. And you had a hard time finding work in Elkhart? That is quite surprising. Either way, no more shitty Northern Indiana weather is a huge bonus.
Yea well I worked for a company that makes plastic parts for all the local RV plants there in good ol elkhart but it was literally a sweat shop and was only making 9 an hr for my cnc work and it was just not worth it.

Yea well I worked for a company that makes plastic parts for all the local RV plants there in good ol elkhart but it was literally a sweat shop and was only making 9 an hr for my cnc work and it was just not worth it.

Yeah, that is garbage pay for CNC work. Sweatshop style working environments are pretty much the norm for the factory work in Elkhart anymore with the influx of...umm...labor pool over the last 10 years or so.

Yeah, that is garbage pay for CNC work. Sweatshop style working environments are pretty much the norm for the factory work in Elkhart anymore with the influx of...umm...labor pool over the last 10 years or so.
Absolute horrible pay for what I was doing for those guys, and compared to what I make now lol. And yes, I couldn't have said that more perfectly, sir xD so true. And no more snow is what really sold me on staying here for good, I miss the scenery..but driving in snow..I'm good without that mess. However, I must say that texan drivers are by far worse than chi~town traffic..I simply can not express how bad some drivers here can be lol

However, I must say that texan drivers are by far worse than chi~town traffic..I simply can not express how bad some drivers here can be lol

Big trucks can drive over and through anything!

Lmfao that describes the typical texan driver ever so perfectly

Lower your car enough and you could just drive under them...kinda like everyone wants to drive under those crazy tall farm machines around here.

Here's a pic of what I usually make here at work
eheha8ys.jpg

100bucks to anyone who can guess what app this is used for???

ok I'll just tell ya, it's a.."snap-acting, non-bleed, pneumatic level control" used in conjunction with a valve, it tells the valve when to open and when to close. I also make electric versions of this as well.

complicated..I know lol imagine tryin to explain my job to a 7 year old child..no bueno

Back