Honda Civic LX build so far

kman9613

View attachment 52621 View attachment 52621 View attachment 52619 hey guys , from Toronto Canada! I was fortune enough to receive a 2012 Honda Civic LX as my first car from my parents as a gradation gift and now I'm playing around with it so far and adding my own taste to it.
So far I have
Tints
HID lights
Spoiler and rear lip added
Plasti dip the covers( getting actual rims really soon)
Neochrome headlight tints

Upcoming mods
Front lip ordered
Fog lights ordered
Rims
Maybe drop it a bit

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 100
Nice grad gift! Any particular wheels you are thinking about?

A very nice R18.
What front lip and fog lights did you order?
Are you going with coil over or spring?
Please don't hate this moment. It is my personal taste. I like the rear lip with black on the bottom. I don't like the whole rear lip with white only. You may plasti dip and see how it looks like. Perhaps you may like it.

Reactions: Nix
Nice car, nice list. Not a bad way to get started. Welcome to the site.

Welcome fellow civic lx user! I've got my lx lowered on some Coilovers. I think the car looks great on Coilovers.

06c0ae43a8c3061e2f43b19f2b35bd25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tak
Welcome fellow civic lx user! I've got my lx lowered on some Coilovers. I think the car looks great on Coilovers.

06c0ae43a8c3061e2f43b19f2b35bd25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What coilovers did you have on? What's the drop? It looks like its 1" inch drop?

So guys I got a module Lip , black
Should I leave it as is or paint it white?
Also fog lights will be installed around next week!
What do you guys think so far?
RED JDM badges were added as well.
I will be plasti dipping the chrome tomorrow and my fog lights are Yellow OEM.

Should I change my headlights to another tint?
all opinions welcomed!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
A very nice R18.
What front lip and fog lights did you order?
Are you going with coil over or spring?
Please don't hate this moment. It is my personal taste. I like the rear lip with black on the bottom. I don't like the whole rear lip with white only. You may plasti dip and see how it looks like. Perhaps you may like it.
Hey Tak,,
I appreciate your comment and just imo I enjoy the white rear to match my spoiler!

all opinions welcomed!
You could also do white plastidip if you want to test it out. It's actually very close to the white oem paint. A believe a few people used the plastidip glossifier to make it more shiny like paint instead of matte. It actually blended almost seamlessly.

You could also do white plastidip if you want to test it out. It's actually very close to the white oem paint. A believe a few people used the plastidip glossifier to make it more shiny like paint instead of matte. It actually blended almost seamlessly.
do you think the black on white looks better or should I go for the white?

It's your car, but I think the white looks more complete/finished versus the black.

Plastidip is like $8 a can or so. I don't know if 1 can of white and one of gloss would be more than enough or not. It'd definitely be cheaper than paint by a long shot.

Just did the plasti dip on chrome yesterday turned out really well!
Waiting for my fog lights to come in now

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Plastidip is like $8 a can or so. I don't know if 1 can of white and one of gloss would be more than enough or not. It'd definitely be cheaper than paint by a long shot.
Thanks webby for the help but for now I think I stick to black it's growing on me! Can change it whenever I want with plasti dip or paint as we were talking about

all opinions welcomed!
I think you should paint it white. For the headlights it will look good on black tints.

Reactions: Tak
I got the same modulo lip as well. That lip doesn't look that good in black in my opinion. Having it painted in white looks more complete to the body of the car.

I did a DIY paint on this lip but failed. The paint becomes crack. I wasted 3 cans of duplicolor taffeta white and clear coat plus an adhesion promoter.

I'm gonna ask the shop to paint it. My quote around is 200. 150 sounds cheap to me.

are you going to try plasti dipping it as webby suggested?
I got the same modulo lip as well. That lip doesn't look that good in black in my opinion. Having it painted in white looks more complete to the body of the car.

I did a DIY paint on this lip but failed. The paint becomes crack. I wasted 3 cans of duplicolor taffeta white and clear coat plus an adhesion promoter.

I'm gonna ask the shop to paint it. My quote around is 200. 150 sounds cheap to me.

are you going to try plasti dipping it as webby suggested?
No. I'll rather get it painted permanently.
I'm looking for a shop that asks cheaper than 200 around my area. Or I'll pay the shop for 200 if they include the installation.

Back