Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

This is a good info for Type-R owners who will daily their cars.

Looking at the Focus RS forums, it looks like a few 18" wheels might fit the Type-R. Both the Type-R and RS have the same exact front Brembo brakes (according to the reviews I've read/watched). As long as the offset and width of the wheel are the same as stock (or offset adjusted on a narrower wheel to maintain the same middle point as the stock 8.5" wheel), the torque steer would remain eliminated.

Here's a couple of pictures of an OZ Leggera 18x8 fitted on the RS. Source from www.focusrs.org
IMG_4586.JPG
IMG_4588.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG
Other 18" wheels that fit can be found here: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/18-focus-rs-wheels-tires/3848-rs-compatible-18-wheels-thread.html

Personally, I would never daily a car with thin rubber on a 20" sized wheel. Especially in New Jersey. It's harder to avoid bumps and pot holes on the road at night or during a rainfall. Plus, the low profile tires will transfer forces from hard impacts that can potentially damage or accelerate wear on the suspension and possibly the strut mounts/chassis. However, the stock wheels/sport cup 2 tires would be perfect on a race track (little flex/more rigid sidewall).

Not a fan of the red pin stripping on the wheels but I know it's suppose to tie together the other red accents.

Oh Jesus Christ. You can manipulate the dyno to read anything you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you trying to say? There are already a couple Dyno numbers and all seem to be 295-305 range.

What are you trying to say? There are already a couple Dyno numbers and all seem to be 295-305 range.
I am saying that a chassis dyno can be easily manipulated by the operator to spit out basically any number they want.
Even if they didn't, there are many other variables which may contribute to either a higher or lower reading.
A dyno is a tuning tool, not a measuring stick.
That said, it is quite possible that these motors are producing more power than Honda is disclosing, and that's very impressive.

Those numbers are most likely pretty accurate. Look at the 8th Generation. Honda claimed 197hp and most graphs were reading around 190whp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_20170621_182105464.jpg IMG_20170621_175255335.jpg
This one is at my local dealer. Went to look at it today. Looks great on person. Only problem is they aren't selling it. Said they are waiting to get another in before selling. Also test drove a Si while there. Definitely different than my 07 FA5. Have to say I enjoyed driving it but don't know if I would go for it.

Sounds fishy to me. What dealer in their right mind doesn't want to make money on a hot new release? Guarantee someone in house called dibs on it and paid for it already.

Yeah not real sure what the deal is. I tried to get a price out of then but they wouldn't tell me anything. Only thing they said is if I'm serious put a deposit down and they would work on getting me one. Not a big fan of this dealer anyway.

Not a fan of unbiased reviews? Or didn't notice your spoiler flopped around until now?

I like all reviews but if they have no clue what they are talking because they cant pull their head out of their *** they are a fawking joke.

Yeah not real sure what the deal is. I tried to get a price out of then but they wouldn't tell me anything. Only thing they said is if I'm serious put a deposit down and they would work on getting me one. Not a big fan of this dealer anyway.

Yea sucks people talk to people that way... if we ever meet you can take mine out for a drive :)

I like all reviews but if they have no clue what they are talking because they cant pull their head out of their *** they are a fawking joke.

Doug DeMuro regularly posted for Jalopnik. Don't think he counts as one of those.

Back