Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

Not concerned about looks but HP is what would sell me to trade in my Si. A 1.5t civic Si isn't worthy of a trade. I also can't (won't) swing 45g's for a Type-R. Cars aren't worth that much to me. Big sigh of relief if this holds true. If the 2016 Si comes w/ a 2.0t w/ 240+ hp w/ real Vtec and sedan mode non hatchback; I'd be planning on turning in my lease early.

I don't like it. At all. Front end looks too much like an Accord. Profile looks like a squished Crosstour. I guess at least it still looks like it belongs in the Honda family. Just doesn't exude Civic to me. Someone needs to tell Honda they are at least five years late on that color as well.

And what the hell is with the motorcycle side mirrors?

Five years late?????? I had a 72 Porsche 914 that colour.

https://www.google.com/search?q=por...rt%2FPorsche-914-Lime-Green-276966756;900;675

My 2012 I like for the simplicity and lack of all the fu-fa, but with the new look of the rear(even though it's busy) I like the idea of the higher priced sports car look it's using. I still don't like where they're going with the front, still too much, and it's getting more blunt for pushing air(I'd think it would hurt gas mileage).

I like this. But I'm not going to be in the new car game for a while with 2 new ones in 2 years, so nothing new for me.

thats what she said :) now youre not being ignored. I guess ill be keeing my NA civic longer than i thought this 10th gen looks just uglier than my current 9th ill just have to wait fot te 2017 facelift :(
hahahaha ohhh good one man

Crap I really wish I knew this would happen 3 weeks ago that we are getting type R , I wouldn't have turbo'd my car. Well looks like it's time to part out and get in line for this type R

Crap I really wish I knew this would happen 3 weeks ago that we are getting type R , I wouldn't have turbo'd my car. Well looks like it's time to part out and get in line for this type R

You do realize the Type R will end up being around $40k and a few years off right?

You do realize the Type R will end up being around $40k and a few years off right?
I will pay 40k for it no problem. I actually said that a couple posts ago when speculation about the type r coming here began ...I actually said if they bring the car to the U.S. I would pay the 40k+ price tag.

I will pay 40k for it no problem. I actually said that a couple posts ago when speculation about the type r coming here began ...I actually said if they bring the car to the U.S. I would pay the 40k+ price tag.

Must have missed that. Sorry. It is hard to keep track of everything sometimes. If you have no problem paying the $40k, then paying to boost for a few years shouldn't be a problem and at least you can enjoy it until the Type R comes out. Hell, you may test drive the Type R and realize you like your setup better.

Must have missed that. Sorry. It is hard to keep track of everything sometimes. If you have no problem paying the $40k, then paying to boost for a few years shouldn't be a problem and at least you can enjoy it until the Type R comes out. Hell, you may test drive the Type R and realize you like your setup better.
That is very true but no matter how bad *** a boosted 9th gen is there's nothing better then a factory boosted car. And the type r I'm sure will be equipped with brembo brakes , recaro bucket seats, the whole package. I expect it to come early 2016

Back