Honda CVT Fill Plug

There is a fill plug!? I just fill my wife's Insight through the dipstick port.

On the CVTs there is. I prefer a dipstick. It’s my last Honda though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total junk and the dealers are horrible along with Honda corporate. I’m buying a Toyota next. Honda can’t even make a plug for a transmission.

Total junk and the dealers are horrible along with Honda corporate. I’m buying a Toyota next. Honda can’t even make a plug for a transmission.

How many Honda's have you had to support this statement? I have had six (including two with CVT over 10 years) and the only problem is the Insight has the piston ring oil burning issue, but that will be covered under a TSB once I take it in. Also, have a friend that has a 2000 Civic with 200,000+ miles on it and I am always yelling at him about how he doesn't take care of it, but the damn thing won't seem to die.

@webby can probably give you a ton of links to dispute your claims.

This is my third honda. I’ve gone through three sets of wheel bearings, rear drum issues from the dealer, blower motor, 2 sets of regulators and motors, front sway bar links, wheel cylinders, and now shocks and all the hardware for them which I have the parts. Honda corporate is completely useless if you have an issue out of warranty from their own dealers.

I had an 09 with a few minor issues.

This is my third honda. I’ve gone through three sets of wheel bearings, rear drum issues from the dealer, blower motor, 2 sets of regulators and motors, front sway bar links, wheel cylinders, and now shocks and all the hardware for them which I have the parts. Honda corporate is completely useless if you have an issue out of warranty from their own dealers.

Mostly wear and tear items that depend on a bunch of different factors...most of which would depend on street quality in your area, weather, and driving style.

Why should Honda corporate be helpful for out of warranty claims and parts that have not risen to the level of TSB or extended warranty?

Well I had a major problem at a dealer. I had drum brakes fixed and I had a noise afterwards and they refused to look at it and gave me a bunch of lies. I ended up beating them but it was a nightmare. Honda corporate couldn’t really do anything except take down a complaint which doesn’t do anything. They are owned by billionaires.

Honda should have something on the cvt plug. Obviously something isn’t right. Wheel bearings aren’t a wear item.

Well I had a major problem at a dealer. I had drum brakes fixed and I had a noise afterwards and they refused to look at it and gave me a bunch of lies. I ended up beating them but it was a nightmare. Honda corporate couldn’t really do anything except take down a complaint which doesn’t do anything. They are owned by billionaires.

That is a legit complaint. It sucks, but there are some shitty dealerships out there.

Honda should have something on the cvt plug. Obviously something isn’t right. Wheel bearings aren’t a wear item.

Not in the normal sense (i.e. brakes, tires, oil, etc), but they will eventually need replaced on any car. Shouldn't be failing before 75-100k miles though.

I was having a popping in the drums the dealer couldn’t even fix it.

So the vent was clogged. I cleaned it and the transmission seems fine and shifting much better. I changed the plug too.

I"m having the same issue, I now have to check the engine area to see if the plug came off every long drive just in case. I drain and fill my transmission fluid every 30k miles and it will be coming up soon. I will try calling Honda to see if they know of any solution. I thought perhaps the oil was getting in the way of it sealing so I took that plug out and cleaned it with dish detergent, 2 days later, same thing. I'm not sure what the fix is.

cvt tranny s are junk, the six sp tranny are ok. Ya car dealers are a joke, I don't do anything with them except buy some honda tranny oil.

The plug is a stupid
Design. Just buy a new plug.

Back