Honda emblem lighting?

huttser

I have a custom emblem currently being mailed to me, and I plan to light it up using some LEDs, and I am wondering how I would wire that so when I turn my headlights on the LEDs on the emblem get turned on as well.

You'd be tapping into the power feed for your headlight as well as a ground. You'd run a wire from that to your emblem. I can't tell you what color those wires are off hand. I'd imagine tapping in right behind your low beam bulb would be easiest. Then when it's powered, you'd illuminate the emblem.

Pics of what you're buying?

What color LED's? If they are not street legal you may want to run a separate switch so you can control the on off instead of wired into the headlights.

I was thinking just bright white ones. Its a Deadmau5 head and they way the emblem is set up it would light the eyes and mouth and the outline of the head haha. I live in california and couldn't really find anything strictly prohibiting it, but, knowing how california chp can be at times, I won't be getting colored LEDs, although it would be neat.

Back