Honda Gauges Interest In 335hp HFP Supercharged Accord Coupe

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda Gauges Interest In 335hp HFP Supercharged Accord Coupe

honda_accord_supercharged_11.sized.jpg

honda_accord_supercharged_08.sized.jpg

The two-door has been worked over by the go-fast fiends at Honda Factory Performance and boasts a range of bolt-on goodies that include a HFP suspension and body kit. More importantly, the Accord Coupe V6 Concept is laden with a smattering of prototype engine components. Engineers crafted a prototype supercharger, intake and exhaust systems just for the vehicle, and the end result is a very respectable 335 horsepower 285 pound-feet of torque.

Those figures mark an increase of 64 ponies and 34 lb-ft of twist over the stock 3.5-liter V6, which should do plenty to make the Accord a more interesting piece of metal. Right now, Honda says that the concept was built purely to gauge public interest and determine whether or not Accord Coupe buyers would actually be interested in a hotter version of the vehicle.

meh....64 hp only for I/E/SC? must be low boost to make it "safe" to be sold as an HFP and being warrantied by Honda.

Eh, had that car not that fun to drive...its like driving a fast boat in a crowded sea. The turbo I'm sure is a nice bonus to people who have the car and like it but I would definitely pass

the sc is nice i have one on my 8th but you need to do a good bit of mods to get the numbers you want. Its a real low boost when i started i was at 4 and have only been able to hit 6. just depends on what you prefer.

• Staff
what kind of #'s are you getting on your 8th?

I really don't care for the HFP lip kit and wheels; I think it looks great stock. I'm sure HPD could have cranked out more power with their SC, but, as they stated, they're just trying to gauge interest.

and keep warranty stuff to a minimum

Back