Honda of Concord - Sleazy, sleazy, sleazy

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
First of all, let me preface this by saying that I sold Hondas for a couple years and did quite well, earning Silver Level in Honda's Council of Sales Leadership, so I know the difference between a good customer service experience and a bad one.

Since I will be needing a bigger car soon, I took a drive to the closest dealership to check out the latest Hondas. I had some time to burn and since the salesperson was relatively new, let him take me out on a demo and go through the motions, making sure he understood that I was a salesperson and know the game, and wasn't seriously shopping. Of course, he still goes through the process anyway, and I play along. Well, long story short, I let them appraise my car and give me a quote on a my trade along with a quote on a new Accord. Since my car was modded, I knew I couldn't get top dollar for it "as-is," but they gave me a pretty good deal anyway. It was not one that I would say I couldn't refuse, but it was good enough that it seriously got me thinking.

So after spending the weekend thinking about it, I went back to the dealership to see if I could get a better deal. They did sweeten the pot a little, and we start finalizing the paperwork. While we're finishing up, a manager comes over and stops my salesperson, and pulls him back to the desk. He comes back and says they can't do the deal because my car is lowered, saying that even though a manager drove my car, had it inspected, completed the appraisal, and gave me a number for the car "as-is," they won't take it in. I call shenanigans, and another manager comes out apologetic, but not budging that unless I pay the service department for the parts and labor to return the car to stock condition, they won't accept it.

In conclusion, unless you like wasting your time and going back and forth over several days just to grind out a fair price, shop elsewhere.

Dude....can you still walk away from the deal? Sounds like a bunch of BS. Might be able to get a friend of mine to give you a hook up on price of stock parts if it comes down to it.

Do you really need to trade right now? can you call it off and go somewhere else or maybe buy some time?

Dude....can you still walk away from the deal? Sounds like a bunch of BS. Might be able to get a friend of mine to give you a hook up on price of stock parts if it comes down to it.

Do you really need to trade right now? can you call it off and go somewhere else or maybe buy some time?
I can call it off. They gave me a pretty good deal if they would've just followed through with it. the only reason i would still go through is everywhere else I've checked in the carolinas doesn't have a 6mt Sport. if i could find one somewhere else, i'd buy it there instead. i just feel bad for the salesman since he got screwed and it wasn't his fault

Last edited:
That's crazy. I traded my 12 in a fe months ago and they complimented the lowered look. Took it on the eibach springs and all...

That's crazy. I traded my 12 in a fe months ago and they complimented the lowered look. Took it on the eibach springs and all...
i know. i was standing outside talking to a few of the managers and salespeople about the springs and konis because they liked it. and then i get blindsided by this crap...

Last edited:
Don't feel bad from walking away as it is not your fault at all....it's the manager guys fault from taking a sale away from his salesman/dealership. Their loss......

You can always order a 6spd Sport if you can wait and have time to go back to stock.

plus, he insisted that hendrick doesn't take modded cars, period, if they're lowered.

oh....Scott Clark Honda took my modded BMW in on the trade for my Accord Sport......maybe you should talk to them. I got the number to a sales guy that I bought from if you want....

oh....Scott Clark Honda took my modded BMW in on the trade for my Accord Sport......maybe you should talk to them. I got the number to a sales guy that I bought from if you want....
Sure. At this point, it won't hurt to shop around

You can talk to another dealership & have them do a dealer trade on the car. Most dealerships will trade vehicles from one to another.

I totally agree, it's not your fault the bad cop screwed the good cop, it's their game their ball...... Find another playing field.........

so the "public relations manager" from Honda of Concord gave me a call today to ask about my dealership experience, and I laid it out for her. She said to give her a minute, and she'd figure something out, so i'm like wtf. another sales manager calls me back, "Oh, public relations said you had a question?" i tell him no, i just had a shitty experience. he says he'll look into it because that doesn't sound right. calls me back in a few minutes and says, yeah we're right where we told you yesterday. so they wasted more of my time to tell me they screwed up, but won't budge. i told him to get some managers that actually know a thing or two about cars so that they don't screw up so hard the next time they try to appraise something and waste everyones' time.

Reactions: Nix
Damn....that is pretty shitty of them to do. Glad I didn't buy from them even though they were giving free iPads.

Concord would not stop calling me. Never would give me a price. After I bought in Hickory I told them I had bought. They still kept calling. Finally about a month after, it seemed, they stopped.

Back