Honda Reports August Sales 2012

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
American Honda Reports August 2012 Sales

sales.png

American Honda today reported August 2012 U.S. sales of 131,321 units, an increase of 59.5 percent compared with August 2011 (an increase of 53.6 percent based on the daily selling rate*). The Honda Division posted August 2012 sales of 115,675 units, an increase of 57.9 percent compared with August 2011. Acura's U.S. August sales of 15,646 units increased 72.8 percent compared with August 2011.
Honda
  • Honda division posts strong August sales of 131,321, best August sales in two years
  • Accord posted its second best sales month of the year at 34,848 units, up 89 percent; Civic sales up 106 percent with 24,897 units sold
  • CR-V continues sales success at 23,877 units, up more than 44 percent
  • Odyssey sales up more than 61 percent from August 2011, with 12,750 units sold in August
"It's clear that demand for Honda products continues to be strong, and we're on track to post our best yearly sales results in four years," said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of sales. "Honda is finishing the summer on a high note, and there's more to come as we build momentum toward the fall launch of the all-new 2013 Accord."

Acura
  • RDX sets its 4th-consecutive record sales month with 2,926 units, up 156.9 percent compared to August 2011
  • MDX remains the top-selling Acura vehicle with sales of 5,549 units, up 77.5 percent from August 2011
  • The TL was Acura's best-selling sedan with sales of 3,201, up 33.2 percent

"Acura sales continue to show great upward momentum, led by our strong light truck lineup," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "The all-new 2013 Acura RDX is a hit with buyers thanks to its increased comfort, utility and power, along with class-leading fuel economy."

*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 27 days for August 2012 and 26 days for August 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 205 days for 2012 and 204 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.

:canada:

MARKHAM, ON, Sept. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - Combined August sales of 13,663 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 44% increase over last year's sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported August sales of 12,081 units, up 50% from last year, led by record sales of Honda Civic (up 88%), Odyssey (up 60%) and CR-V (up 35%). The Acura Division reported August sales of 1,582 units, up 9% over last year, with strong sales of Acura RDX (up 78%) and TL (up 68%).
"We are pleased the Honda CR-V continues to be popular in the Canadian market and it has recorded best monthly sales for seven straight months," said Jerry Chenkin, executive vice president, Honda Canada Inc.
"Again, we thank Canadians for continuing to embrace Civic, which remains the number one selling passenger car in Canada," added Chenkin.
Honda Canada has sold approximately 3.6 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada since 1973. Of all Honda and Acura vehicles sold in Canada in August, 96% were produced at the company's assembly plants in North America.

Honestly, as far as the Civic is concerned, I'm surprised it's still selling as well after they said they were changing it a little for 2013
If when I bought mine (July 2011) I had known that, I probably would have put off buying it till the 2013's were released, just because they can only get better

But I suppose that's true with any new cars. They'll always get better, and eventually you just have to bite the bullet, buy it, and hope you don't regret not waiting

• Staff
and unless the person is reading all of the current news pertaining to the car, they may not have a clue there are changes to come.

and unless the person is reading all of the current news pertaining to the car, they may not have a clue there are changes to come.
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm spending $22,000 on something, I research it like crazy. I knew everything about this car before I even test drove it, as well as the CR-Z, VW, Ford, and Hyundai

• Staff
you'd be amazed at how many people do zero research. Walk into a dealership for an oil change or whatever and walk out with a new car they had no intention of buying.

you'd be amazed at how many people do zero research. Walk into a dealership for an oil change or whatever and walk out with a new car they had no intention of buying.
Yea, I know. It's sad really

My girlfriends mom came home with a new Prius a few months back, because the dealership convinced her that it would save her money on gas. She had no intention to buy a car

Back