Honda To Turn Virtual Forza Motorsport Civic Si Into a Real Car at Chicago Auto Show

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda to Turn Virtual Forza Motorsport Civic Si Into a Real Car at Chicago Auto Show

Chicago_Auto_Show_Honda_Forza.jpg

Since so many people are so into the digital driving worlds of the likes of the Sony Playstation Gran Turismo and Microsoft xBox Forza, automakers are turning to gamers to increase their brand's visibility and likeness among consumers.

Following an online design competition on the xBox Forza, in which Honda asked gamers to create their own Forza Motorsport Civic Si Coupe, more than 17,000 members of the gaming community chose Tiffany Labedz's proposal as the top design.

Honda will take the virtual concept and turn it into a real life car that it will present at next week's 2014 Chicago Auto Show, with further details to be announced.

In addition, the Japanese company said, "Chicago Auto Show attendees will also get the opportunity to be among the first to race the 2014 Civic Si Coupe in Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox One demo stations in the Honda booth".

I will be! Not sure exactly when I'm going but I'll be there before it ends

This is a cool idea, and without seeing the other entries, I can't say much. But that design is basic, and not very original. Why do I say this? I used to design heavily in Forza 2 and 3 prior to my son being born. I know what it takes in that game to create some incredible designs, and that Civic design is about 20 layers sloppily placed upon one another.

Wanna see what I used to spend weeks on creating?

Original Image

KatieHolmes2-1.jpg

My Forza image

finished3.jpg
finished3.jpg

Original Image

Moulin-Rouge2.jpg
Moulin-Rouge2.jpg

My Forza Image (and final layout on the car)

MoulinWIP5.jpg
MoulinWIP5.jpg

MoulinWIP7.jpg

These are only a couple of the well over 20 designs that I did personally.

Do I sound like a cocky a**hole, yeah probably. I had one of my designs featured in OXM. So to see a car like this, that lacks any real talent to put together, win a competition where it's going to be turned into a real car? It frustrates me to no end.

I'd love to know "their"(Hondas) personal settings for the car(game car)...... I'd think they would set it to perfection for the show.

This is a cool idea, and without seeing the other entries, I can't say much. But that design is basic, and not very original. Why do I say this? I used to design heavily in Forza 2 and 3 prior to my son being born. I know what it takes in that game to create some incredible designs, and that Civic design is about 20 layers sloppily placed upon one another.

Wanna see what I used to spend weeks on creating?

Original Image

KatieHolmes2-1.jpg

My Forza image

finished3.jpg
finished3.jpg

Original Image

Moulin-Rouge2.jpg
Moulin-Rouge2.jpg

My Forza Image (and final layout on the car)

MoulinWIP5.jpg
MoulinWIP5.jpg

MoulinWIP7.jpg

These are only a couple of the well over 20 designs that I did personally.

Do I sound like a cocky a**hole, yeah probably. I had one of my designs featured in OXM. So to see a car like this, that lacks any real talent to put together, win a competition where it's going to be turned into a real car? It frustrates me to no end.
Yes, yours are certainly more visonary, but you have to think like the judges. They will see yours and think, great, but who is the girl and how do we get her permission and then there are all the copyright infringement issues with the Moulin ones.

Yes, yours are certainly more visonary, but you have to think like the judges. They will see yours and think, great, but who is the girl and how do we get her permission and then there are all the copyright infringement issues with the Moulin ones.

While I agree with what you're saying, I simply used those images to show what COULD be done with the in game editor. What she did was basic, and in the Forza community, something that my 3 year old could have done. She slapped a couple of stickers on it, used the basic font rather than create her own, and called it a day. It's like a slap in the face to true artists in the community.

Btw, that girl is Katie Holmes. lol

I'm with you on this one ssik. This is a joke as far as designs go. When you can have people design cars like you and the one I post below, hers is a joke!

z5ssg.jpg

1423992260_2c03fbcd3f.jpg

Back