Hood Deflector for '13 Coupe Si?

Mephist0

Frisco, TX
Vehicle Model
2013 Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
From all the driving I do (approx. 1,200 miles/week), I noticed I'm getting small chips in the paint on the hood from getting stuck behind the occasional tractor trailer on the shitty roads in Oklahoma. Before starting an endless struggle between chip and paint, does anyone know where I can find a hood deflector that fits the 9th gen? I saw there used to be one for the 2012 Sedan but I can't find it anywhere. I'm not interested in a nose mask because they look like crap and I don't want to damage the paint further.

Last edited:
From all the driving I do (approx. 1,200 miles/week), I noticed I'm getting small chips in the paint on the hood from getting stuck behind the occasional tractor trailer on the shitty roads in Oklahoma. Before starting an endless struggle between chip and paint, does anyone know where I can find a hood deflector that fits the 9th gen? I saw there used to be one for the 2012 Sedan but I can't find it anywhere. I'm not interested in a nose mask because they look like crap and I don't want to damage the paint further.

I got mine at the dealer and for the exact same reason as you. They should be able to tell you if one exists for the '13. I'm guessing the one from the '12 fits but they could confirm.

Maybe check with College Hills Honda. They have really good prices for accessories in the US. The shipping to Canada kills it for us.

Interesting. Maybe I'll think about using that on the front bumper once I remove the Jurassic Park-size bugs off the front. Still would use this in combination with the deflector as it may also spare my windshield if the rock is traveling at the right angle. My windshield is also acquiring chips that I will have to get repaired soon before one turns into a crack.

Last edited:
Saw the one on College Hills site, ouch $130 but it's imported OEM (JDM?).

airdeflector.jpg

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ho...12-honda-civic-coupe-exterior-accessories.htm

Last edited:
Saw the one on College Hills site, ouch $130 but it's imported OEM (JDM?).

airdeflector.jpg

Yeah that's the one I got. I got a deal through the parts dept at the dealership here. You're right. Still pricey but so is repairing the paint on the hood so I figured I'd get the Honda one.

I don't think it's imported.....

I'm actually thinking of purchasing the deflector for my 13 si sedan, not only does it help protect but I think it looks pretty cool lol

Definitely getting this. My 06's hood was all jacked up because of no protection.

Okay, It has been ordered. I'll post pics next week once I install it on my TW civic. I wanted to get the interior lighting too, but it looks too hard for me to install.. :\ I don't have proper tools, either.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one I got. I got a deal through the parts dept at the dealership here. You're right. Still pricey but so is repairing the paint on the hood so I figured I'd get the Honda one.

I don't think it's imported.....
Its imported... from Canada. :canada: I just put one on my sedan yesterday after getting a massive chip right on the hood edge.

Well I may definitely want this now because after the hail damage my car suffered from the May 20th Moore tornado, I'm getting a new hood (along with numerous dent repairs to the roof and rear deck lid). So essentially mother nature helped me kill 2 birds with 1 [hail]stone. All total there was $4500 of damage.

Well I got her back last Thursday and yesterday I washed and waxed her and then installed the hood deflector I purchased form CollegeHillsHonda. I'm very pleased with the results.

This is the first photo I took after I finished installing it in the garage:
IMG_5099_zpse93d0b05.jpg

And this is her out in the parking lot of our local Costco all shiny and clean:
IMG_7247_zps0c4d70bf.jpg

The install was very straight-forward and took me about 30 minutes to do.

Last edited:
Well I got her back last Thursday and yesterday I washed and waxed her and then installed the hood deflector I purchased form CollegeHillsHonda. I'm very pleased with the results.

This is the first photo I took after I finished installing it in the garage:
IMG_5099_zpse93d0b05.jpg

And this is her out in the parking lot of our local Costco all shiny and clean:
IMG_7247_zps0c4d70bf.jpg

The install was very straight-forward and took me about 30 minutes to do.

I didnt think about aesthetics, but that actually looks pretty good. Im gonna get one, ive got two rusty chips already from semis kickin up rocks :(

Well being that I've only had the car since February and I'm on my 2nd hood, I'm damn sure going to protect this one. :D

Now I do need some touch-up paint for the bumper and a couple tiny spots on the body but that's a different thread entirely. These long distance trips on I-35 are hell on a paint job. :(

Last edited:
Yeah I have to say, it definitely protects from rock chips. My hood is spotless except for a small one I had before I installed it. And it looks sexy, in my opinion.
dyju9aba.jpg

Yeah I have to say, it definitely protects from rock chips. My hood is spotless except for a small one I had before I installed it. And it looks sexy, in my opinion.
dyju9aba.jpg
Yeah I think it looks pretty good. Almost like a mustache lol.

As much as I want the hood deflector, I think a full nose mask/bra would be better because it protects the entire front end. Honda doesn't use the most durable nor robust paint in the industry...

I watched the College Hills Honda installation video and it looks like a challenging install...did anyone have any problems installing theirs?

Back