Horn Beep Help Please

SikCiviK

Oceanside, California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si (FG4)
Body Style
Coupe
I have a 2013 Civic Coupe SI This just started happening to me.. When I put my key in the ignition and turn it to the on position just before you fully turn it to start the motor you hear a BEEP BEEP BEEP sound from the horn. not sure what the problem is or if I can fix it w/o taking it in.. Anybody have any suggestions/help would be much appreciated

What modifications do you have? I can't think of anything that would trigger the horn

What modifications do you have? I can't think of anything that would trigger the horn
I've only had the car a year and the only mods i've done at this point are visual exterior mods.. I generally fix the looks before I dip into the motor mods.

I found two accord users who had the beep on start -

========
I have 2 dealers here. My car is out of warranty. I had an issue with my gas tank leaking (I ran over something) so when I took the car there, I asked them to diagnose the alarm as well.

The technicians had not seen this issue before with an alarm and everyone thought it was funny.

They cleared my security codes, took off the positive terminal and let it sit for a day or so, then after reconnecting, the alarm no longer honks.

They think clearing the codes is what it took to fix it.

They told me, which I confirmed with the parts department that this factory installed alarm has no independent control module.

It connects to something called a multiplexer which many other things connect to and I would have to replace that whole unit, which is very expensive just to replace the brains of this alarm.
They said the dealer installed alarms do have an indept control module, obviously, but the ones from the factory are all tied in together.

So, clearing the codes finally worked on mine.

Just wanted to conclude my thread in case anyone else has this problem down the road.

==========

2nd-

==========

Thanks for all the advice I read. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting battery. Even changed battery on my key fob. No luck. My 2008 Civic has a Karr alarm (after market I think it's called. Installed by Deal, not factory installed). I broken down and brought it to the local dealer. Fixed in 5 minutes.

Solution: check the connection to the sensor underneath the dashboard near your left knees. According to the technician, the triple beep is a indication of a lose connection. After fastening the connect, no more beeping. Hope this helps.

I found two accord users who had the beep on start -

========
I have 2 dealers here. My car is out of warranty. I had an issue with my gas tank leaking (I ran over something) so when I took the car there, I asked them to diagnose the alarm as well.

The technicians had not seen this issue before with an alarm and everyone thought it was funny.

They cleared my security codes, took off the positive terminal and let it sit for a day or so, then after reconnecting, the alarm no longer honks.

They think clearing the codes is what it took to fix it.

They told me, which I confirmed with the parts department that this factory installed alarm has no independent control module.

It connects to something called a multiplexer which many other things connect to and I would have to replace that whole unit, which is very expensive just to replace the brains of this alarm.
They said the dealer installed alarms do have an indept control module, obviously, but the ones from the factory are all tied in together.

So, clearing the codes finally worked on mine.

Just wanted to conclude my thread in case anyone else has this problem down the road.

==========

2nd-

==========

Thanks for all the advice I read. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting battery. Even changed battery on my key fob. No luck. My 2008 Civic has a Karr alarm (after market I think it's called. Installed by Deal, not factory installed). I broken down and brought it to the local dealer. Fixed in 5 minutes.

Solution: check the connection to the sensor underneath the dashboard near your left knees. According to the technician, the triple beep is a indication of a lose connection. After fastening the connect, no more beeping. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your advice the part marked "2nd" was the trick the wiring by the blinking light by my left knee was loose.. problem solved no more 3 beeps... TY

Back