DIY Horn Replacement

Only thing im still a little uneasy about is taking off the bumper. But im sure it cant be that hard. any tips/advice?? Either way, its been ordered!! cant wait to get it and install
that first video makes it very simple, just watch it once or twice beforehand and follow along with it when you go to install.
taking off a bumper is not that big of a deal, just need to have some patience with all the clips

Thanks for posting the vid. Not sure which horns used or if anyone has mentioned it. But the 13 pilot horns are an awesome sub for the oem also.

Reactions: 323
Thanks for posting the vid. Not sure which horns used or if anyone has mentioned it. But the 13 pilot horns are an awesome sub for the oem also.
i never thought of using oem horns from some of Honda's bigger makes, but that's a good idea.

i never thought of using oem horns from some of Honda's bigger makes, but that's a good idea.

Glad I could contribute a little. Yeah I've done that horn upgrade to almost all my older cars. Except my pilot haha.

Oh and I think it's $13 -$20 per horn. So still cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: 323
Just to confirm the EX only has one horn.

Tried this last night with @ClearCutSi on @ayokristy's 13 EX
I was just about to ask someone to confirm this. So my EX only has one? Should I get an Accord/Pilot low horn to replace then one? Also, is it located in the radiator spot or the lower driver's bumper spot?

That's the thread I was looking for, thanks @webby! For some reason I thought LX &EX were 1 and Si had 2.

I would recommend purchasing the accord upgrade horns from chh. I bought these believing they were straight plug and play, but you will need to cut your old connector off. I figured a way to rig it with a spade to work in the meantime. I have no intentions of cutting any oe connectors off

i saw the links u provided. I own an LX so i only have 1 horn. Would u suggest i buy the low or high tone?

Video doesnt exist anymore!:( Is there another video somewhere and i was wondering if the accord horn fits i like the way that one sounds or any suggestions?!

Accord horn fits. I have the low on my ex. So much better than stock. I love locking my car in front of my friends with stock horns. It puts the stock horn to shame.

Accord horn fits. I have the low on my ex. So much better than stock. I love locking my car in front of my friends with stock horns. It puts the stock horn to shame.
Haha that's funny! So all I need is the low and that's it?

I got the ones from amazon and I'm confused on how to hook these up. Your pictures don't show where you connected it. Do I have to modify something?

I got the ones from amazon and I'm confused on how to hook these up. Your pictures don't show where you connected it. Do I have to modify something?
The connections you take off the stock horn should wire up right to the amazon horn, I'll get a closer picture of the connection tonight or tomorrow for you

Maybe I'll feel like an idiot once I figure it out but the horn comes with 2 metal pieces and a wire. What do I do with those? I'm not seeing a spot where the original plug would hook right up with the amazon horn

Back