DIY Horn Replacement

I used the custom sports horn from College Hills- 30 bucks delivered and plug and play- AWESOME and fast changeout. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving a dead thread and my first post! i assume this would also fit the '13 Si? I asked College Hills Honda and what they said is that these horn upgrades won't fit because of a lack of space. I'm guessing bending the brackets like OP mentioned is needed? Just wanna make sure before I actually purchase them. Thanks!

Reviving a dead thread and my first post! i assume this would also fit the '13 Si? I asked College Hills Honda and what they said is that these horn upgrades won't fit because of a lack of space. I'm guessing bending the brackets like OP mentioned is needed? Just wanna make sure before I actually purchase them. Thanks!
Welcome!
You'll probably need to bend the bracket a bit, but it'll fit. When there's a will, there's a way.
The horns I used were quite a bit thicker than the stock ones and they still fit, I'm sure you'll be fine.

anyone know the part number of the bolts holding the horn bracket in place? #2 and 3

7n1UOVE.jpg

@CollegeHillsHonda

if I remember right it's just 2 wires to the horn. Just make a connection over to the other horn from the 1st one. I remember seeing the si diagram and it's literally just branched off at the 1st horn to the 2nd.

if I remember right it's just 2 wires to the horn. Just make a connection over to the other horn from the 1st one. I remember seeing the si diagram and it's literally just branched off at the 1st horn to the 2nd.
so what are you saying. what do i buy. help me out here webby. im not getting the wire thing.

Yeah I don't feel confident enough to splice wires. And plus I love the sound horn makes now. I try to post a video. It sounds good
Splicing wires is not an issue any more..... They make mid-line crimps that all you have to do is put one on the end of your new wire and clamp it to the cars existing wire, where ever you want it to be..... But the main thing is they make a fitting for each part of the wiring, from mid-wire to plugs(spades male/female). Just saying!

Note: Match the wires thickness(gauge).

Yeah I don't feel confident enough to splice wires. And plus I love the sound horn makes now. I try to post a video. It sounds good
there isn't any splicing. You can use a t-tap connector and it takes 10 seconds. Close it over the stock wire and run another wire to the 2nd horn.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGbES2_Tg0

put one t-tap on each wire on the stock horn just like pauly did in his diagram. Go to lowes/homedepot and buy some wire. You can buy just about any gauge wire by the foot in the electrical department. They have huge spools of wire. Buy as much as you need to run the wire to the 2nd horn location (wherever you're mounting it). It'll prob be like $2 in wire/t-taps or maybe less.

there isn't any splicing. You can use a t-tap connector and it takes 10 seconds. Close it over the stock wire and run another wire to the 2nd horn.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGbES2_Tg0

put one t-tap on each wire on the stock horn just like pauly did in his diagram. Go to lowes/homedepot and buy some wire. You can buy just about any gauge wire by the foot in the electrical department. They have huge spools of wire. Buy as much as you need to run the wire to the 2nd horn location (wherever you're mounting it). It'll prob be like $2 in wire/t-taps or maybe less.

i know. but i like the way this horn sound. it reminds me of the Ferrari trumpet horn

Back