Am I Crazy?!

• Total voters

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
I've searched and searched and searched!! Hours and hours, i cannot say i have seen a better looking wheel! It's sooo concave! And fromt what i've calculated ... will stick out another 6cm (2.36") out from stock HFP wheels, and 0.8cm (0.3") in from HFP wheels.

(9.5" = 24.13cm , 24.13/2 = 12.065 +2.0cm offset = 10.065cm out off hub, 14.065cm inside off hub)

Not cambering, and really don't want to roll fenders, but on the bright side not gonna go too much lower (maybe an inch max) maybe not at all and keep stock HFP's.

how crazy am i?

Please feel free to make fun of or anything. I'm interested to see what you guys think :)

These aren't SuperLaps, but same fitment :)
4561302416_8a01d332d6_o.jpg

Last edited:
WHOAAAA super stretched tires! i think i remember this!

If i remember correctly, he didn't roll fenders or camber wheels! :D

That's going to increase your scrub radius a lot, and lead to premature ball joint, wheel bearing and suspension wear. To each their own! :D :beer: :rockwoot:

Michael Hurd I remember those article you showed me about the wheel offset and wear on suspension. But does this occur in reverse? Since those wheels I got are +53 does it decrease scrub angle? And what are the affects?

Michael Hurd I remember those article you showed me about the wheel offset and wear on suspension. But does this occur in reverse? Since those wheels I got are +53 does it decrease scrub angle? And what are the affects?

The tire centerline would be effectively moved in from what it is now, the tire and wheel package is 26 mm wider than stock, and it will stick out an extra 5 mm according to the calculator. This means that you are moving the center of the tire in 13 mm from it's current position, so you are actually reducing the scrub radius. It would be nice to reference the body repair manual and draw in the wheel to scale to know exactly the amount.

The definition of scrub radius on a MacPherson strut front end is the intersection of a line drawn through the center of the top mount, the center of the lower ball joint, and where it ends up on the road compared to the center of the tire contact patch.

Putting large positive offset wheels is effectively a longer lever acting on the ball joint, and increasing the deflection of the hub itself, stress on the studs ( if the wheels are not hub piloted ) as well as forces acting on the bearing in the hub.

Camber is also important, the front end could use a bit more than stock, but not large amounts.

The tire centerline would be effectively moved in from what it is now, the tire and wheel package is 26 mm wider than stock, and it will stick out an extra 5 mm according to the calculator. This means that you are moving the center of the tire in 13 mm from it's current position, so you are actually reducing the scrub radius. It would be nice to reference the body repair manual and draw in the wheel to scale to know exactly the amount.

thanks for the quick reply :):)
but these are 9.5" wide. Stock (HFP) is 7.0" (2.5" = 6.35cm/635mm)

wheel sticks out 10.065cm off hub, vs stock 4.39cm off hub (10.065-4.39 = 5.675cm (56.75mm)

center line is 20mm away from hub it is out further from the stock wheel

i do agree, wear will occur sooner, but i only drive 5000~kms per season and by the end of a 5 or 6 year period, at around 30 or 40 thousand kilometers, i can't say i would mind changing all ball joints and all bearings :)

Last edited:
OMG! Had the biggest shock just now....

are my studs going to be long enough?? i have heard of some people having problems on 8thgen civic.... i thought inside of wheel lug section was recessed in order to compensate for this :(:(

i'm terribly worried all of the sudden! Anyone have advice? :/

Back