How do you shift into 2nd?

Yeah, I saw a video online saying our cars "shift point" is at 3k but coming from a stop I usually shift from 1st to 2nd at 4-4500 RPM

Bro I think it's just oahu. Down here people are always in a rush. I usually shift between 3000 to 3300 and their still on me but can't do anything about it unless I go Vtec! Which they probably think I'm pissed or something.
I know, I lowering my car tomorrow all I need is rims, where you bought your rims I like the style

Seriously doubt you are allready having noticable camber wear, ive had mine maxed in the rear with no camber correction for over a month and i typically put around 100 miles a day on my car and i dont have any noticable camber wear.
I probably only drive 10 miles a day, Did you get your alignment?

man. I shift way too soon alllll the time (2-2.8k) because I like the sound it creates :vtec:

I'm trying to make myself wait until 3k to shift.

I'm still used to my rsx type s, usually shifted at 2800 and straight to 3rd.

Put economy aside...... I'm looking at medium acceleration where my car decides to shift being an automatic, and it's not shifting "below" 4k....... 3.5k easy throttle............. So I'm not sure why you guys are shifting so low..... Remember these engines like 4 to 6......... and higher isn't going to harm it.............. a few pennys more a gallon............ but you'll think you're driving your mistress rather than your wife.

Last edited:
Put economy aside...... I'm looking at medium acceleration where my car decides to shift being an automatic, and it's not shifting "below" 4k....... 3.5k easy throttle............. So I'm not sure why you guys are shifting so low..... Remember these engines like 4 to 6......... and higher isn't going to harm it.............. a few pennys more a gallon............ but you'll think driving your mistress rather than your wife.
Very well said Ha Ha :)

I tend to shift at 4 when the engine is cold then maybe a 3.5 for regular driving nowadays. But I make it my mission to do one launch and one set of redline shifts at least once a day. Not all days allow me that since i have a short commute and i do not want to make it look as I race the other people. I try to do that when first on the line and possibly alone, that's harder.

When the engine is cold i always notice shifting into 2nd mostly is notchy under 3k unless extra caution is used while shifting. My car always did that but once it is warm it is buttery smooth.

I shift at 3500 or 4k and its really smooth, any less and it is kind of rough in a sort of way. You could just hit vtec in first all the time, problem solved :hitit:

I shift at 3500 or 4k and its really smooth, any less and it is kind of rough in a sort of way. You could just hit vtec in first all the time, problem solved :hitit:

Ha Ha I could. And tried few times but you get over the limit so easy and so much over that you're looking for trouble. I live in Ontario and 50 over is a lot of trouble if caught. I also go in racing mode and do more things that I should not do on the road so I always try to keep it calm to a degree;) Something like the Hulk ha ha.

Back