How to beat a WRX?

falsettojonez

Hey 9ners,

My question is besides tubro/supercharger what bolt-ons do you think could amass enough horsepower to surpass a 2015 WRX.
just curios to see if anyone has had any luck with all motor 9th gens beating those new WRX's, well any WRX really, i have two friends with them and i would personally love it to just make them look like bitches! (all fun and games tho)

Mybad if there is a post covering this tried a quick search and didnt see anything figure just post and see what happens.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey 9ners,

My question is...what...could amass enough horsepower to surpass a 2015 WRX.

Fully bolted, an Si may be able to keep up with a base model with no modifications. Otherwise, a turbo or supercharger.

I hope you guys are planning on testing your cars at the track and not on the street. Be safe. Don't get in trouble.

Better tires will help you a lot. Performance tires, not good all seasons, like the extreme performance category tires. If their car is new they are most likely sticking with the factory tires until they are worn and expecting the AWD to pick up a lot of the traction for them. If you have a great set of sticky tires that will be a big advantage.

The listed curb weight on the 2015 Civic Si is 3002 lbs.

A 2015 WRX is between 3267 to 3450. You could potentially have an almost 500lb weight advantage. That will help a lot too in evening out the power difference.

Are you just trying to go in a straight line or are corners a factor too? Either way I agree with Nix tires will play a huge factor in the amount of grip you have and power you can successfully transfer to the ground. Forced induction is really the only viable option currently if your looking for more than about 230 WHP. The NA aftermarket support just isn't there yet for the k24z7. I think once camshafts are on the market this will change though.

while power to weight is one area to focus on, I also agree with nix. tires will successfully transfer what power you can make to the ground better. all that being said, that's a tough hill to climb staying na. good luck though, I'd love to see it happen.

I've seen stock 15 wrx dynos showing 252hp/262tq. Fully bolted and tuned 9ths are seeing around 230s at the top end. A supercharger or a turbo will really be needed if you're trying to win a straight line race.

Stock 15 wrx's are pretty fast outa the box. There is one that comes to my local auto x and all they have is a good set of summer tires and they throw down consistently fast times, even with the CVT.

One of my friends have a 2014 wrx blue and the other 2015 white and i keep telling them to race me but they wont. Got intake downpipe exhaust and flashpro. Im pretty confident but I also feel im a much better driver than them which is why i feel i can beat them. Plus i can redline at almost 8k when i dont even think they can hit 7?

One of my friends have a 2014 wrx blue and the other 2015 white and i keep telling them to race me but they wont. Got intake downpipe exhaust and flashpro. Im pretty confident but I also feel im a much better driver than them which is why i feel i can beat them. Plus i can redline at almost 8k when i dont even think they can hit 7?

stock baseline on the 2015 wrx - 252hp/267tq
stage one tune/downpipe/exhaust/intake - 314hp/344tq
CTQSBee.jpg

I haven't seen a NA civic hit 250hp, or get anywhere near 260tq. Turbo/SC civics - different story. Why not have a track night and see what happens?

I raced a 2015 WRX limited from a dig, i have full-race dp/exhaust, takeda intake w/ P2R throttle body spacer and RPF1's. No flashpro. My front bumper was at his b pillar the entire race from 0-105ish

Better tires will help you a lot. Performance tires, not good all seasons, like the extreme performance category tires. If their car is new they are most likely sticking with the factory tires until they are worn and expecting the AWD to pick up a lot of the traction for them. If you have a great set of sticky tires that will be a big advantage.

This is incredibly important. I absolutely love the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires I put on my Si; they WILL NOT let go, no matter what I do, even if I'm only at slightly-above stock performance. I even managed to drift around a traffic circle with them on the front and the stock tires on the rear, years ago. The tires you have on, and the climate you are running them in, make all the difference.

A WRX in tune will take an unboosted Si any day, any driver who can keep his/her foot to the floor and shift at red-line.
Enjoy the comfort, reliability, and economy you have; or spend $10k more and get a v6 Mustang!

i have two friends with them and i would personally love it to just make them look like bitches! (all fun and games tho)

facepalm.gif

Some of you should re-read the rules of this forum

http://9thcivic.com/forum/help/terms

17. Street racing related threads are not permitted and will be deleted on sight. No questions asked. 9thcivic.com does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities.

Back