DIY How to Plasti Dip your Front Bottom Grill

Arm0ged0n

Corona, CA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Sup Folks,

Another DYI for a good use for Plasti Dip.

Items You need:
1) 1 Plasti Dip Can
2) Wrench with a 10mm socket
3) Painters Tape
4) Magazine.

1s Step: You will need to take the Front Plate off, you will need a wrench with a 10mm socket as there are two bolts under the grill that holds up your Front Plate Frame. I recommend taking the front plate off before proceeding. You may want to clean the botton grill with a damp rag to get rid off any dirt.

pd01.sized.jpg

2nd Step: Use Painters Tape and cover the outter edges of your under grill, and use magazine pages(I don't recommend newspaper as the ink might bleed on your car paint) to cover part of the front bumper and headlights Cover as much as you can, as you don't want the Plasti Dip all over your car.

pd02.sized.jpg

3rd Step: Start with the upper part of the grill first, then the bottom; keep applying the Plasti Dip until you're all done with the whole can, I only waited 2 min in between coats.

pd03.sized.jpg

4th Step: (Something that I've should've done before) Do not wait until the Plasti Dip dries out completely, make sure to take the Painter's Tape off around the edges, as soon as you're done with the whole can. If you wait until it dries out, you will run the risk of the Plasti Dip being stuck to the tape.

5th Step: Let it dry overnight, and here are the results:

pd04.sized.jpg

Since plastidip is so easy to redo or remove.... would you consider extending the "paint" up the rest of that center section to the grill and taking a pic just to see how it looks?

Sorry Nix, I don't think I would be extending the Plasti Dip elsewhere lol. It was hard work to do the bottom section, I can only imagine if I do the rest, that would mean re-doing the whole bottom section again.

I would stick with just the bottom.

Could probably make it look like the coupe bumper with plastidip by not going all the way up

gal_lg2.jpg

Back