I finally got the chance to install Flash Pro

EJ8*

I installed the stock map. The rev hang is gone. It feels so much better. It actually feels like i control the shifts now. All i did so far was lower my lanuch control to 3500rpm instead of the 7100.

It was so worth the 700 bucks for the standalone. Right now there isnt very much maps on it.

What I want them to do is. Have a disable that can turn off Traction control even if your TPMS light is on.

One thing that I had to figure out is that the CD is a older version of flashpro, so the 13 ILX or 12 Si vehicle isnt a option in it. I had to go to the Hondata website and download the APP. from them. Its the newest version that includes the 13 ILX and 12 Si.

Below is me testing the launch control. Set to 3500 with a rebound of 3300.

View: http://youtu.be/I1GWlDTuQB0

wonder when Honda will come with an official ECU update for removing the rev hang. I do not hate the rev hang but I would enjoy the car more without it :)

wonder when Honda will come with an official ECU update for removing the rev hang. I do not hate the rev hang but I would enjoy the car more without it :)
They won't. They included rev hang on purpose for emissions from what I heard

They won't. They included rev hang on purpose for emissions from what I heard
heard the same thing, i just wish they would fix it though, emissions are for their marketing and standards. Real life they'll have a bit happier customers if they would do it on request only.
If warranty will not be impacted I would buy a flash pro, too bad it is. I know it is not all of it and it is a negotiation process in case i get in such a situation but I prefer to stay clear of a problem I know dealers will comment on.

I notice my mpg on the IMID isn't accurate anymore. It seems like I'm gettin better MPG. I use to get around 22mpg driving a bit hard around town. Now I'm getting around 25. I know that's not correct lol

I notice my mpg on the IMID isn't accurate anymore. It seems like I'm gettin better MPG. I use to get around 22mpg driving a bit hard around town. Now I'm getting around 25. I know that's not correct lol
Seems to me that can be adjusted, but you should do it by hand as well.....ie; cell phone calculator............total miles divided by gallons =
then adjust car reading.

"It was so worth the 700 bucks for the standalone. Right now there isnt very much maps on it."

At the risk of sounding out-of-line, $700 is pricey to get rid of rev hang (reflash will too), which is ridiculously evident in my car. I've had a few seroius car buffs in my car and the rev hang is embarrassing. Ying ying ying ying ying ying ying ying ying . . . foot completely off the gas five secinds ago. It's like showing off a lawn with crabgrass. They think I can't drive. Stupid American Honda. Am I wrong?

I'm sure you realize that flashpro does a lot more than remove the revhang...right?

"It was so worth the 700 bucks for the standalone. Right now there isnt very much maps on it."

At the risk of sounding out-of-line, $700 is pricey to get rid of rev hang (reflash will too), which is ridiculously evident in my car. I've had a few seroius car buffs in my car and the rev hang is embarrassing. Ying ying ying ying ying ying ying ying ying . . . foot completely off the gas five secinds ago. It's like showing off a lawn with crabgrass. They think I can't drive. Stupid American Honda. Am I wrong?

I noticed the fake mpg's as well when i got reflash. it said 40... I noticed it changes much faster like a real time mpg as opposed to how it was, "average"

I would imagine more maps will be added as additional parts are released down the road

Anyone mind explaining to me differences, pro's and con's between Flashpro and Reflash?

Well from what I read on hondata and other forums. The a reflash is a set program they put on your ECU. Set means you can't change any of the settings. In other words its a one time deal.you get what that program has to offer. The flash pro is a peace of hardware you own and can reprogram the ECU how you want when you want as many times you want . With the flash pro it comes with a couple maps and the reflash Is one of those maps. Other maps are tuned for different common mods .once more tuners play around with it there will be more maps.

Hope this helps

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

of course I know flash pro was expensive for just rev hang. thats not the reason why I bought it. I plan on getting a real tune. but for now its on the stock tune since I have no other parts. Once i get I/h/e or should I say down pipe I will either do a street tune for now then get a real tune. but right now there isnt much maps, but I know for sure they will update it once they get them liek the 8th gen flash pro.

Back