I'm thinking about my next project car..

Nevtec

Lincoln, Nebraska
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
FG2
IMO an 8th/9th gen is to new to hack up and fully build so I'm thinking about picking up a new project car but I'm not entirely sure what I want.
Cars I'm considering- 2g rx7, s13 240sx, 1g supra, 2g supra, 2g gsx eclipse, foxbody mustang.
Any of you guys have any insight on any of these cars? As of right now I'm thinking s13 240. I want to do some sort of swap with this build, maybe sr20det but I'm more leaning towards an ls1/t56 swap. I know that a swap isn't a simple task and I'm not really worried about that, I have access to lots of tools/resources/knowledge. I'm just not very familiar with most of these cars and am trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible before I buy a car.
So if any of you have any insight feel free to post up, positive or negative.. I don't get butt hurt easy so your not gonna offend me. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Previous DSM Owner. I'd argue a 1G/2G GSX is the best of those, but hard to find.
Biggest thing to look for, IF you decide to go that route, are rusted out shock towers.
Aside from that, the aftermarket support for DSM's is sky high. ..though OEM Parts are limited.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see many. I sold a 98 eclipse right before I got my si.. I regret it everyday, I loved that car.

Yeah, I sold a '97 Eclipse GST and bought an Engagement Ring.
..make sure to remind my fiance of that DAILY. Ugh.

If whatever I end up deciding on doesnt have a clean body I'm pretty set on a Fiji blue respray, I love that color and it would look good on just about anything.

Back