Imid iPod song info. ?

Is it difficult to jailbreak an iPod?

What about the danger factor wrecking my device???

Last edited:
Is it difficult to jailbreak an iPod?

What about the danger factor wrecking my device???

Danger factor of jailbreaking is that if something goes wrong you have to restore. Thats about it. In all my development and jailbreaking years I have never seen someone completely brick their device beyond repair. Ever. For the 6.0-6.1.2 Jailbreak just go to evasi0n.com and download the tool, run it, and have an awesome device! (The new installer is called Cydia and you can search within that to find whatever mod/tweak it is you are trying to find -- in this instance NoAccSplash aka NoAccessorySplash.)

^^^^Thanks guy. Looks like I'll be breaking out of jail soon. Gonna add this to my list of car mods....ha ha

My iPhone is jailbroken and I just tried what is shown in the video (i.e. installed NoAccessorySplash from Cydia).

What happens is that you have full control over your iPhone when it's plugged into the USB port. You can select which song to listen to etc. the imid shows the album art and the song that is playing like it did before.

So I guess it half way does what you want it to Pauly99to17.

If there's anything else you want me to check, let me know.

My iPhone is jail broken and I just tried what is shown in the video.

What happens is that you have full control over your iPhone when it's plugged into the USB port. You can select which song to listen to etc. the imid shows the album art and the song that is playing like it did before.

So I guess it half way does what you want it to Pauly99to17.

If there's anything else you want me to check, let me know.
Thanks Andre!!!!

Can you see the album art on your iPhone while plugged into Imid USB? If you could quickly download these App: SongScroll and DockScroll (both free) and see if they work now. If they work I'm going to do cartwheels in the snow!

Last edited:
Thanks Andre!!!!

Can you see the album art on your iPhone while plugged into Imid USB? If you could quickly download these App: SongScroll and DockScroll (both free) and see if they work now. If they work I'm going to do cartwheels in the snow!

You can see the album artwork both on the iPhone and the imid. I tried both apps and they both show the song info while my iPhone is connected to the USB. I've never used either one before so I'm not exactly sure how they work but the both display song info while connected to the USB.

Okay, my IPod is jailbroken and NoACCsplash has been installed using Cydia (took a few attempts before it finally downloaded). So, good news-bad news. Good news: I can now see my music on my iPod and control the music played (skip/pause etc.) using the IPod! No more scrolling through all my songs using the HU dial...woohoo! Also, I can see the album art and the song info scrolling....swweet! :)

Bad news: My 2 Apps: SongScroll and DockScroll still only work for the first song then don't work once first song is finished or switched. :pout: It is not the end of the world, but I don't like the format of the Apple album and song info screen because the album art is on the small side and the song info is also a little small and situated on a blank bar at the top of the screen, plus we can see large arrows for skipping a song and a pause button. As you may have already guessed I'm really into visual aesthetics. :drooling:

So, I know there are at least 5 or 6 other music apps that show full screen album art and also have the song info. scroll over top of the artwork. I will check them all and post my results.

Last edited:
Yeah. Sorry Paul. I'm really not familiar with those apps so I really didn't know what I was testing for you. Good news that you can control from the iPod though.

Ya,
Yeah. Sorry Paul. I'm really not familiar with those apps so I really didn't know what I was testing for you. Good news that you can control from the iPod though.
No problem Budday! I'm really happy that I don't have to scroll through my songs using that knob. I have tried many Apps so far that show album Art and music info. Scrolling in more interesting ways than the Apple music one and so far no success. Don't think it's possible, but that's okay.....at least I have one that works!

My girlfriends iPhone 4S will not work on the USB port on her 2012 FB6 at all. I have a 2010 FG2 and my USB port will charge hers but will not play music through the port. So we use a AUX cable for music when using her phone.​
I'm still trying to figure out why her 4S will not even charge in her FB6 when we tried it this weekend. Note the car was bought used and has a nice Clarion navi unit installed. I'm wondering if the USB was plugged into the back of the radio when installed. I know the previous owner and was told that Honda installed the radio.​
Is there anything else I should try before snatching the dash off and checking the USB plug?​

Last edited:
I'm using a 120GB iPod classic and when it's plugged in there is a Honda logo basically saying it's connected, much like the "connected" logo when you connect it to your computer. You can't see anything else on the iPod screen, except maybe the time and battery life at the top bar (not sure though, i'm not looking at it at the moment).

All of the interface is bypassed to the iMID.

I'm not really sure why this would be a problem though, I find it impressively seamless. This is the functionality that I expected when I used it for the first time.

EDIT: now I read why you want it that way. I don't know what to tell you besides what that one user said about jailbreaking. I use the steering wheel button to switch between wallpaper and song info when I feel like it, but I usually prefer just to have the song info up since I tediously went through my 8000+ song library and fixed all of the album artwork a while back.

Last edited:
Ya, I jail broke my IPod and it worked. I now have the Music App working. I can scroll using my IPod and I can see the album art on it too, which is great because I like to have a wallpaper on my Imid.

My girlfriends iPhone 4S will not work on the USB port on her 2012 FB6 at all. I have a 2010 FG2 and my USB port will charge hers but will not play music through the port. So we use a AUX cable for music when using her phone.​
I'm still trying to figure out why her 4S will not even charge in her FB6 when we tried it this weekend. Note the car was bought used and has a nice Clarion navi unit installed. I'm wondering if the USB was plugged into the back of the radio when installed. I know the previous owner and was told that Honda installed the radio.​
Is there anything else I should try before snatching the dash off and checking the USB plug?​

Does anything work through that USB port or is it just her 4S?

Also yeah Jailbreaking and being able to have control of the iPhone/iPod is something I would pay money for! I can't be without it anymore, I never use the controls in the car to go through songs, especially since they are on Google Music and not the phone itself...

Back