IMID, Navi Hacking/App Program Question

you need to look at mounting an android tablet in your dash. There are a ton of videos showing examples on youtube.

Down the road after the car is paid off for and I start turning it into an SCCA/NASA racer I'd love to hack the IMID system for telemetry and other data.

I am extremely interested in this and want to pull off something along the lines of a splitter between a Raspberry Pi running XBMC and the navigation system's video output. Something that would let you toggle back and forth on demand while having a media system that can play whatever you want it to on the Nav Screen (iMID I think I decided I'll leave alone for now). I'm assuming you could do something similar with an Android device with video output instead of modifying the Navigation system and potentially making it a brick forever (since Honda will probably not fix it for you if you mod the OS)

I am extremely interested in this and want to pull off something along the lines of a splitter between a Raspberry Pi running XBMC and the navigation system's video output. Something that would let you toggle back and forth on demand while having a media system that can play whatever you want it to on the Nav Screen (iMID I think I decided I'll leave alone for now). I'm assuming you could do something similar with an Android device with video output instead of modifying the Navigation system and potentially making it a brick forever (since Honda will probably not fix it for you if you mod the OS)

Back up the entire Android and you will never brick it. Back up, I mean copy everything in the core root of the phone. I'm going to try and figure out first how to unlock a video player. Like mp4 or something

Has anyone taken the dash and nav unit apart enough to locate where it's storage device is? Also those of you that have updated the nav unit from last year's maps using the USB from Honda, what type of file is used? .bin?

yup exactly, as long as there's a display
the possibility of things to stream and watch on it are endless =]

I want try and figure out how to get a working internet browser, and working google maps application on it.
all you need is wifi from a hotspot or cell phone hotspot and you there you go

and honestly i think if you can find an av (composite) video splitter you can
make multiple switches to toggle between display screens using the single Imid

I want to do a video out from my phone to the imid to use Google navigation. I wonder if that will be possible using adx's DIY, I just need him to simplify it for me a little lol

it might be , the only problem i can for see would be some phones
require an HD display to transfer with that mini - usb to HDMI adapter that allows the screen to be seen on a tv
but also I've been thinking that maybe there's a converter or adapter to circumvent this problem

I want to do a video out from my phone to the imid to use Google navigation. I wonder if that will be possible using adx's DIY, I just need him to simplify it for me a little lol

If I ever find the time to finish my stereo install, I will be doing this through my Pioneer Head unit!

Back