Independant Foglight?

NoobyCIVIC

SOCAL-626
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey has anyone ever done this DIY? http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...si-oem-fog-mod-w-stalk-control-pic-heavy.html

Pretty much it allows you to turn on your fogs without your low beams being on and your fogs to stay on when you have your highs on also.

Was wondering if anyone has done this and would it be the same as the 8thgen diy? I know it should probably be the same stalk but don't want to attempt it yet because im a noob at wiring and not sure if the stalk and wiring is the same as the 8thgens.

Hey has anyone ever done this DIY? http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...si-oem-fog-mod-w-stalk-control-pic-heavy.html

Pretty much it allows you to turn on your fogs without your low beams being on and your fogs to stay on when you have your highs on also.

Was wondering if anyone has done this and would it be the same as the 8thgen diy? I know it should probably be the same stalk but don't want to attempt it yet because im a noob at wiring and not sure if the stalk and wiring is the same as the 8thgens.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121

FYI ... Some states make it illegal to wire extra lights to work independently ...... I had my Jeep wired that way while living in Colorado, no problem, but when I moved back home to my Nazi state of Virginia, It won't pass the yearly sticker inspection....
BUT.... If I cover the lights(while getting it insp' it will pass....... Just a heads up......... :D

PS...... Personally I can't see the value of fogs if we can't turn all the other lights off, with the exception of brake and marker lights.

Last edited:
In cali theres no inspection besides smog and I wanted it to go on with drl and parking lights since it all matches 5000k.

In cali theres no inspection besides smog and I wanted it to go on with drl and parking lights since it all matches 5000k.
Actually, the dtrl lights are worse than the low beam regular light, because it shoots the beam higher. Trick being is to have no light that will reach higher than the half way mark(and lower is better). Also our cars(and most newer cars) are not allowing us to adjust much any more.

If "YOU" know this already, great, but there will be other ppl that read this thread that may find it interesting.
I spent over 3 years driving in England, I have my "Fog Badge"........

Reactions: Nix
Actually, the dtrl lights are worse than the low beam regular light, because it shoots the beam higher. Trick being is to have no light that will reach higher than the half way mark(and lower is better). Also our cars(and most newer cars) are not allowing us to adjust much any more.

If "YOU" know this already, great, but there will be other ppl that read this thread that may find it interesting.
I spent over 3 years driving in England, I have my "Fog Badge"........

I was just planning to have parking light drl and fogs on once in a while during the day just for the looks and at night leave them as normal lows and fogs

Back