Infinity Reportedly Thinking About Building GT-R Based Supercar

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Infinity Reportedly Thinking About Building GT-R Based Supercar

2013_NA_GT_R_Carscoop_34.jpg

Can Infinity create a GT-R based supercar? All technologies developed for Nissan are available to Infiniti, so the answer is yes.

CAR Magazine is reporting that Nissan’s luxury arm is indeed considering building such a model. According to the British publication, Infiniti’s head of advanced planning Francois Bancon admitted that the company is currently looking at producing a “halo” model based on the GT-R's running gear.

“It’s too good a platform to use only on one model”, said Bancon referring to the GT-R’s 545HP 3.8-liter V6, its double-clutch gearbox and four-wheel drive system that makes it compete against supercars double its price.

Bancon added that a decision will be made in within next two or three years. “We have three or four proposals we are looking at right now. Once we have launched the new smaller Infiniti, the time would be right to have a flagship," Bancon was quoted as saying.

However, he stressed that it won’t be a simple rebadging process as an Infiniti has to be more refined and sophisticated than a Nissan. “It would have to be softer than the GT-R, and that’s extremely difficult to do”, Bancon explained. “You can’t easily tweak the GT-R to deliver the sophisticated, more refined performance we would need on an Infiniti.”

• Staff
tempur-pedic memory foam seats?

Tempurpedic-Mattress-Complaints.jpg

• Staff
gt-r

ag_10gtr_interior.sized.jpg

infiniti version gt-r

2135_Infiniti_QX56_interior.sized.jpg

I had my doors blown off on the highway on saturday by a GT-R in this blue color. All I saw was a dark low slung car with the LED strips coming up fast in the outside lane. I thought it was just another porsche. I was doing about 75-80, going pretty quick and this thing came up with a sweet exhaust note and just flew by me. They must have been doing about 120. I was impressed. I hope they really like their car.

Back