Injen Exhaust for 2012 Civic SI

So the total power gain form injen exhaust and intake around 24hp?
I'm not quite sure how it works, maybe someone else who's a subject matter expert can confirm, what the gains are in HP when you combine both the Intake and Exhaust?

we haven't seen anyone dyno the two together yet

Honestly to me it was worth the money. I wanted a full cat back of course but from a good company like greddy or apexi but nothing is out yet from them so I opted to go with the injen axle back. Was a little worried about the sound or if it even produced power and was totally surprise after it was installed that you indeed feel a complete difference in power.

it would void warranty items pertaining to your exhaust, not your entire car. They have to prove your exhaust caused X part to fail for something to mess with your warranty. It is legal, as it's from the outlet of the catalytic converter...and back. Removing the converter is illegal (which would be like a race header/cat delete).

wait for the full cat back? is it better for the engine not just increase in HP i mean over all will it make the flow better for the engine or get the axle back

my post was referring to a catback exhaust...no worries on warranty. Nothing wrong with an engine having better flow intake/exhaust wise.

I just bolted up my Injen axle back this morning also. Not too loud, nice deep sound and not raspy at all. Seems like low end throttle response/acceleration is improved a bit. I didn't expect a huge difference. Overall it's a nice quality piece and takes 5 min to install.

I just bolted up my Injen axle back this morning also. Not too loud, nice deep sound and not raspy at all. Seems like low end throttle response/acceleration is improved a bit. I didn't expect a huge difference. Overall it's a nice quality piece and takes 5 min to install.
I agree it is a perfect fit. Literally goes on quick and simple. It feels like the car isn't as restricted, definitely a good upgrade. Definitely no loss of power. I'm loving the sound....bwwwaaahhhh!

So the total power gain form injen exhaust and intake around 24hp?

No, not even close.

An axle back exhaust will provide virtually zero gains and the gains from a cai are minimal as well. My guess would be no more than 5 or so whp. And that's pretty generous. How manufacturers get the numbers they advertise their parts will make, I just don't know.

If you're looking for optimal gains from bolts on, a 60mm axleback exhaust is far from your best bet. 3" cat back will always be the way to go. I can see this exhaust being a good option for someone wanting a deeper tone while not wanting to spend much money.

Back