Injen Intakes 2012 Civic Si Update - Email & Dyno

Awesome news! I was pretty sure Injen would eventually figure out how to make some good power on this car. The stock intake looked fairly restrictive to me. It's also nice to know that Injen's testing methods are sound...can't wait to see the final intake.

Good job Injen!

Awesome news! I was pretty sure Injen would eventually figure out how to make some good power on this car. The stock intake looked fairly restrictive to me. It's also nice to know that Injen's testing methods are sound...can't wait to see the final intake.

Good job Injen!

Procivic going to be doing free shipping when the start to sell?
:D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Hi guys I was the one that let Injen used my car for developing the intake. It was so hard to leave my car with them for 5 days, but well worth it. This is actually my first car so I new in car stuff.

My thoughts on this intake: I feel much more incline to shift at higher rpm and of course I vtec much more (so much for saving gas lol).It sounds great. Its like a mixture of the old sound with a throatier sound. Ever since I have this intake I love my car so much more. When I push down the gas pedals halfway (in higher gears. lower is more obvious) you can start to hear the growl. When I want to just hear it in say 6th gear going 65 on the freeway, I can just hit the pedals and satisfy my ears.

Videos:

This is me joyride through rainbow valley in Temecula. Check out at least the first 10 seconds. You can really hear the engine. I didn't even hit vtec.

Pictures:

20120331_133036.jpg

20120331_133017.jpg

411735_10150721384378361_783423360_9334690_17199740_o.jpg

You can see where the intake ends. Its right under the battery. I really don't want to take the battery off (lazy).
20120407_124329_1-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the filter. When I picked up my car Injen told me that they had to make a new filter for this intake. My guess is that because of the size in diameter the intake starts. It starts out 3 3/4 inch and then 3 1/2 inch then 3? I don't remember exactly so don't quote me on this.
20120405_145844.jpg

wow, the end point is different than I would have thought. looks to me like it might be less prone to hydrolock/filter getting wet. Makes me want it even more!!!:hitit:

I LOVE that intake!! I'm normally a AEM guy, but that things looks haaawt!! On a side note, I had an AEM CAI on my 06 Si without a bypass valve for the water ingress issues. I had it on that car for 6 years, and live on the Eastern seaboard, and I NEVER EVER had even the slightest remote issue of hydrolock indications. It rains ALOT here. Don't feel you need one, as most times you have to cut the intake pipe to install it. Man you'd have to bottom out in a crater full of water to ever worry about hydrolock!

Unless Full-Race bust out their CAI release before this one, i'm leaning towards this.. Looks & sounds great!

Also, thanks for the share David :thumb:

Procivic going to be doing free shipping when the start to sell?
:D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Yes, we will be giving free shipping. They won't be listed on our website until later this month though. Injen is actually running a limited initial quantity so supplies may be a bit limited for the first month or so.

Yes, we will be giving free shipping. They won't be listed on our website until later this month though. Injen is actually running a limited initial quantity so supplies may be a bit limited for the first month or so.

I call first on the wait list!!!111 ;)

How's the driveability? That seems like a pretty tight bend before the AFM, which can can inconsistent readings. I love the way wy Si drives stock. It looks like a well designed intake.

Back